PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: RSTG Roms - Sense 2.1 WM6.5_21876_05 .-. 1.3.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH View Post
decided to flash this rom about and hour or so ago and in alread down to 80percent batterylife..
talked for a total of maybe 2 minutes and maybe 2 or 3 texts.
wtf?
takes time to recalibrate battery & such on a new rom. i'd say keep an eye on it for a couple days & if it doesn't get any better, try a different rom?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
takes time to recalibrate battery & such on a new rom. i'd say keep an eye on it for a couple days & if it doesn't get any better, try a different rom?
seems to me,the only roms that give me almost a whole day are the ski-rom and empirom.
i like this chef though,and want to support his work.thats the kinda sap i am i guess.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Been running since release date with mobile shell and this rom gives me better than average batt life. Def let the phone cycle a few times before judging the battery life--does get better when the calibration averages. also, check that you have the best radio for your area, that can be a big drain. Change weather to check every 24 hours instead of every 4--unless you're a weatherman. by default stocks do not auto update, but check that anyway. Install luminos and in call phone tweak if not done already. and check under program-tools battery and install the battery saver cab.
Ive been running mine for 6 hours
weather update every 4 hours
received 30 emails
20 sms
10 min calls
10 min web
still at 84% battery

batt life is great for me.

Quote:
seems to me,the only roms that give me almost a whole day are the ski-rom and empirom.
i like this chef though,and want to support his work.thats the kinda sap i am i guess.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

im gonna do that battery trick. let it cycla and such. i love this rom so far. i ised flip it and it made mmy phone freeze up every 5-20 min. disabled still did it. hard reset now im good. maybe that was the problem or not. but loving it! i reccommend the universe wallpaper under tf3d themes ! it makes the weater on the home tab clock look like its in the wall paper. plus its a sickk picture. be sure to thank zombiez for it too!
sry didnt mean to highjack. lol

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

so,i threw in my backup battery that was 97percent upon startup.
****ed around with a few phonecalls and a few texts and im down to 67percent.
this is unacceptable,imo.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
so,i threw in my backup battery that was 97percent upon startup.
****ed around with a few phonecalls and a few texts and im down to 67percent.
this is unacceptable,imo.
how old are your batteries????? you seem to be the only affected by battery life is why i ask?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

well one of my batteries did that. but a ran it till it died. turned it one did again then did a 12 hour charge and its great now. like they said above just cycle ur battery so it gets into a "habbit"
Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Battery life, this always comes up... Your device is a battery hog, There are roms that do nothing except boot with great battery life. This rom is designed as a "functional" day to day rom that has some usefull apps in it for everyday use... I got chargers for battery life, I wanna use my rom and know that battery life isn't as good as my old MotoRazer, it alot less boring!

There are plenty of battery tweaks out there for bettery battery, but it's not as fun!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850sp
Carrier: Metropcs

Wutor is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Wutor Send a message via Yahoo to Wutor Send a message via Skype™ to Wutor

Anybody knows if this Rom can harbor metropcs settings, specially the famous arcsoft MMs settings??
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

So far the only quirk I see is when you go into the "task manager" settings / buttons tab to select other close options. I dont want program to close right away on x button.
It reverts back to ""tap to close" after a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development