PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RootRom Sense 2.5/23506 - Dec 7 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I thought once you were in the messaging app that everything worked fine including the hardware kb. Sorry I don't have this loaded right now.
That is correct.
Open the slide out kb.
Either click on the message icon or just hit the message key on the kb.
SMS inbox and email inbox both work from there.
You can send messages in landscape.

Also if you do not want to use the hardware kb you can hold the send key till the screen rotates and then click the message icon or click the start menu and choose messaging from there.
Once messaging app comes up the virtual kb will be available.

Working on a better landscape fix now.
But it does work the way I posted.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
That is correct.
Open the slide out kb.
Either click on the message icon or just hit the message key on the kb.
SMS inbox and email inbox both work from there.
You can send messages in landscape.

Also if you do not want to use the hardware kb you can hold the send key till the screen rotates and then click the message icon or click the start menu and choose messaging from there.
Once messaging app comes up the virtual kb will be available.

Working on a better landscape fix now.
But it does work the way I posted.

Exactly so I must be missing something then. All the sense ROMs are this way the only difference is your using the Arcsoft messaging and both sms and mms work. So I guess I'm not understanding what the problem is and how the ROM isn't usable? I think the only thing I didn't like was the music and photo tab the start menu not moving out of the way.

Droidrox39
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO1, HTC PRO2, EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

dizzthebarber is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

root whats up ok in the tools folder i see you took away the add t9 word i kinda like that do you have a cab i can add. and internet sharing is not work (file INTSHR is not signed with a trusted certificate) and where all the programs are there is no lock button will there is but it has a windows mobile icon. thats what i see so far love the work keep it up, and to say a rom is unusable will this this unusable is crazy
Old 12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO1, HTC PRO2, EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

dizzthebarber is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

oh i add lock device but it still uses the old lock not the slide lock
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

I can add a slide lock but I use PocketShield myself so I did not add it.

Also the t9 issue is with this version of the kb I used.
The kb I was using before that had better t9 did not fit in landscape mode.
Looking for a better workaround that does both.
This kb also fixes all the problems found with the hardware keyboard some roms have.
A good trade off IMO but still looking.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Aight, so I just flashed and my start button won't open the start menu, nothing happens. The alarm bar is white and the background is weird...

Maybe a flash dance is in order and then I'll try it again.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:00 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Aight, so I just flashed and my start button won't open the start menu, nothing happens. The alarm bar is white and the background is weird...

Maybe a flash dance is in order and then I'll try it again.

That is odd.
I have seen that a few times with the alarm being white.
Usually if you click it and go back the white block will go away.

Never had any problems with the start menu not working.

Working on a new build right now but not sure if it will be up tonight.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Also upon fresh re-boot the "multiple networks available" window pops up. Do you have wi-fi set to "on" from the get go?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I must flash WAY to much cause I see all these things in just about every chiefs build. Thats why I never ask about it. I have seen that white box too in NRGz ROM, Roots ROM, Grooves ROM, its taking over the world. Its funny how this ported Sense ROM has the very same problems in every build. I guess what I'm trying to say is the Sense port is not "perfect". With that said the box should go away, if you reboot and you shouldn't see it very often.

Last edited by zone23; 12-08-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Also upon fresh re-boot the "multiple networks available" window pops up. Do you have wi-fi set to "on" from the get go?
It did that only one time for me and as such I can not repeat it.
I did not setup the wifi to come up so I am not sure why it did that.
Only popped up once for me out of.... well lets say MANY flashes here. LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium