PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Jaydoggy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Bounty] For Epic 3.5 mm TV-Out fix

Good morning everyone,

I have been watching the forums with great interest to see if someone has come up with a solution to the TV out problem. One of the biggest reasons I pre-ordered my Epic over the EVO was the TV-out function through the 3.5 mm jack. I jumped the gun too soon and realized after I bought it that it did not have the feature like its GSM brothers. I have a DNLA Samsung TV that works for most of what I want to do, however I want this feature for my in-car system and hotel travel. So to help spur some interest for developers, and I know it is still not a lot of money, I am offering $100 for anyone who comes up with a ROM or other solution that includes a 3.5mm video output fix. I hope other people are willing to throw up some money (maybe not $100) to help spur some interest.

Jason

Last edited by gTen; 09-25-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work
Re: [Bounty] For Epic 3.5 mm TV-Out fix

What problem are you having with the 3.5 mm tv out? I've seen several you tube videos showing that it works. I don't have the phone yet and being able to send video to my car's nav system is a crucial tipping point that may steer me one way or the other between the evo or epic. I wasn't aware there was any issue.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh View Post
What problem are you having with the 3.5 mm tv out? I've seen several you tube videos showing that it works. I don't have the phone yet and being able to send video to my car's nav system is a crucial tipping point that may steer me one way or the other between the evo or epic. I wasn't aware there was any issue.
Neither the EVO nor the Epic support Video Out via the 3.5mm port...The Epic "may" get support for it in the future but there is no guarantee..if you saw a youtube movie of it, are you sure it was the Epic and not another Galaxy S phone?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Neither the EVO nor the Epic support Video Out via the 3.5mm port...The Epic "may" get support for it in the future but there is no guarantee..if you saw a youtube movie of it, are you sure it was the Epic and not another Galaxy S phone?
yes, there are several videos showing the video out feature of the Galaxy S type phones. i believe its the Captivate that has this standard but on the VZN version its not included in the software and i believe the EPIC is the same way. the hardware is there but there is no software to run it from what i have seen. i have been trying to send Samsung an email through there tech support but for some reason there system is down. gonna try again next week to find out if they are going to enable it when 2.2 comes out.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

Come to think of it, your right, it was a Galaxy S phone but not the epic specifically. Wow, I was just at the sprint store looking into this phone and the rep even looked it up on the computer right in front of me and read that it could do video out via 3.5. This is disappointing.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Threadstarter

Jaydoggy is a n00b

I really hope the hardware is there and it only takes a software fix. I bought the Epic under the impression that it had the video out via the 3.5 mm jack. Oh well, hopefully some other people who are interested in the feature will put up some money to make it even more tempting for a DEV to spend time on fixing it.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

IM IN!!
$20 added from me.

I am in the same exact boat as you regarding the 3.5mm tv out function. I passed on the Evo just because it was lacking this function. I pre ordered the Epic for the Tv-out capabilities of the Galaxy S line. Just to find out the feature has been left out by Sprint.
I must have called Samsung at least 5 times and they always give the same answer which is Yes the Epic does support Tv-out via 3.5mm jack. Reads from his pc that the options should be located in settings/Tv-out. Then I explain that Sprints version the options are not there. One lady even had me hold while she got up and picked up a Sprint branded Epic and the Settings were in fact there in the Sprint phone she had at Samsung!! So this must have been an early Sprint rom that was installed before Sprint sent that evil OTA update. So I am confident the hardware is there just waiting to be activated!
Maybe something will show up in the enabled hidden modes/settings being found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ga...-revealed.html

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G

badmoon8081 is just getting started

Samsung is about to release a new micro usb to hdmi out cord for all the galaxy phones including the epic. The question is whether or not Sprint will block this the same way they blocked the basic tv out function through 3.5 jack. Another question, even if an update comes that allows tv out again, on the epic is if the micro usb to hdmi will be full TV out. For example, the EVO has HDMI out however you can only view videos/pictures or recorded videos through your TV. Full TV out for me is essentially being able to see on your TV what ever is currently on your mobile phone's screen. That way, you could also play games, use your slingbox, ect. all from your phone to your HDTV.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon8081 View Post
Samsung is about to release a new micro usb to hdmi out cord for all the galaxy phones including the epic. The question is whether or not Sprint will block this the same way they blocked the basic tv out function through 3.5 jack. Another question, even if an update comes that allows tv out again, on the epic is if the micro usb to hdmi will be full TV out. For example, the EVO has HDMI out however you can only view videos/pictures or recorded videos through your TV. Full TV out for me is essentially being able to see on your TV what ever is currently on your mobile phone's screen. That way, you could also play games, use your slingbox, ect. all from your phone to your HDTV.

Yes, that is exactly why I am much more interested in getting the 3.5mm headphone jack-Tv-out to work, so what that you can see your pictures, I need a full mirror for in the car, for games, for my Poker timer app, etc.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:02 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

whered you guys even find 3.5mm to TVOut cables??
nvm,, found them http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...ECC1TX1BBEGSTA

edit 2 TECHNICALLY the Samsung Site doesnt mention TVOut at all on their site, just DLNA... for ALL Variants of Galaxy S http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones .. which seems strange since everyone knows about it and knows it works apparently on gsm versions

Sync and Share Digital Content with AllShare™
Transform the way you enjoy your digital library. There was a point when content was limited to the device on which it was acquired, but now your mobile phone can seamlessly stream your movies, music and photos to your PC as well as your home theater. With AllShare™ it’s easy to enjoy all of your content across DLNA certified® devices.

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 10-04-2010 at 10:13 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific