PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phone freezing?

has anyone else experienced their epic4g's freezing? my wife and i have an epic...and ones rooted, the other is not..... our phone actually freezes and we need to restart? or there were times when i didnt even know that my phone did not work until i tried to make a call out.... the screen turned on fine, but it kept saying "dialing"....then i noticed that it was sort of frozen.... so when i restarted, a bunch of txt msgs, voicemails, emails all came at once.... then ppl called me and told me my phone was off??! happend to me 2 times already (rooted one)

my wife hadnt rooted her phone, and her phone has missed txt msgs, missed calls...or the phone just doesnt turn back on after idle?!

anyone else experiencing problems like that?thx
Old 09-09-2010, 03:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: phone freezing?

Hmm..mine seems to be fine,never froze yet..did you install anything on those phones?

Do you also have anything running at the time?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

the only thing i had installed on BOTH phones was the "fancy widget" for the date/time/weather..... not sure if that has anything to do with it.... and its hard to test since its not happening all the time
Old 09-09-2010, 04:18 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

ive experienced freezing twice. not under those circumstances though. ive frozen up twice in camera mode. all the functions of the onscreen buttons will work as will the tap to focus, but the shudder button wouldnt and neither would any of the hard or capacitive buttons. i had to pull the battery both times. i do not have fancy widgets installed.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had a weird freezing problem but I was 'demanding' alot from the device (unbeknownst to me) heh...

I took 15 pics and I have funambol sync installed (don't ask . .I 'm not a huge fan).. and as I was taking pics, funambol was trying to upload all of them to their 'cloud' server.. the phone got real honked off and wouldn't respond to anything LMFAO..

I turned off auto sync and have had no problems w/ it since.. (the pics DID get uploaded just fine though BTW)
Old 09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I have Fancy widgets as well but not using the weather part of it..you have GPS on by default for the weather?

Also you have email or anything like auto fb update or etc setup?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I have Fancy widgets as well but not using the weather part of it..you have GPS on by default for the weather?

Also you have email or anything like auto fb update or etc setup?
ya i have the gps set to auto locate... and i have emails *3 gmail accounts auto sync...and fb auto update too....
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
ive experienced freezing twice. not under those circumstances though. ive frozen up twice in camera mode. all the functions of the onscreen buttons will work as will the tap to focus, but the shudder button wouldnt and neither would any of the hard or capacitive buttons. i had to pull the battery both times. i do not have fancy widgets installed.
ive had that camera freezing prob too!! i was actually on a plane..... i turned off my phone, but decided to turn it back on so i can take a photo of the take off.... so i was in a hurry to try to access the camera once the phone turned on.... i think the media card was still being read...i clicked the camera icon and the camera screen showed...but i couldnt take a picture or anything ...the menu screen on the side disappeared too....the phone was stuck like that...i had to pull the battery also
Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

cloudtp2 is just getting started

i remember this happening to me once. but it wasnt in camera mode. i was in Google maps.
i went to the app market and downloaded the new update for the map. right after that open google maps, then after i it got my location was was trying to search. it froze. i tryed to back up, then the lights at the bottom all light up. tryed to shut the screen off. nothing worked. then it just restated it self. it lasted maybe 15sec.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

phone freeze during camera is a constant issue for me ... sux

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific