PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA-Specific (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   phone freezing? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133362)

lawsofpower48 09-09-2010 03:10 PM

phone freezing?

has anyone else experienced their epic4g's freezing? my wife and i have an epic...and ones rooted, the other is not..... our phone actually freezes and we need to restart? or there were times when i didnt even know that my phone did not work until i tried to make a call out.... the screen turned on fine, but it kept saying "dialing"....then i noticed that it was sort of frozen.... so when i restarted, a bunch of txt msgs, voicemails, emails all came at once.... then ppl called me and told me my phone was off??! happend to me 2 times already (rooted one)

my wife hadnt rooted her phone, and her phone has missed txt msgs, missed calls...or the phone just doesnt turn back on after idle?!

anyone else experiencing problems like that?thx

gTen 09-09-2010 03:50 PM

Re: phone freezing?

Hmm..mine seems to be fine,never froze yet..did you install anything on those phones?

Do you also have anything running at the time?

lawsofpower48 09-09-2010 04:10 PM

the only thing i had installed on BOTH phones was the "fancy widget" for the date/time/weather..... not sure if that has anything to do with it.... and its hard to test since its not happening all the time

austin420 09-09-2010 04:18 PM

ive experienced freezing twice. not under those circumstances though. ive frozen up twice in camera mode. all the functions of the onscreen buttons will work as will the tap to focus, but the shudder button wouldnt and neither would any of the hard or capacitive buttons. i had to pull the battery both times. i do not have fancy widgets installed.

daddymikey1975 09-09-2010 04:45 PM

I had a weird freezing problem but I was 'demanding' alot from the device (unbeknownst to me) heh...

I took 15 pics and I have funambol sync installed (don't ask . .I 'm not a huge fan).. and as I was taking pics, funambol was trying to upload all of them to their 'cloud' server.. the phone got real honked off and wouldn't respond to anything LMFAO..

I turned off auto sync and have had no problems w/ it since.. (the pics DID get uploaded just fine though BTW)

gTen 09-09-2010 05:06 PM

I have Fancy widgets as well but not using the weather part of it..you have GPS on by default for the weather?

Also you have email or anything like auto fb update or etc setup?

lawsofpower48 09-09-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1939749)
I have Fancy widgets as well but not using the weather part of it..you have GPS on by default for the weather?

Also you have email or anything like auto fb update or etc setup?

ya i have the gps set to auto locate... and i have emails *3 gmail accounts auto sync...and fb auto update too....

lawsofpower48 09-09-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1939695)
ive experienced freezing twice. not under those circumstances though. ive frozen up twice in camera mode. all the functions of the onscreen buttons will work as will the tap to focus, but the shudder button wouldnt and neither would any of the hard or capacitive buttons. i had to pull the battery both times. i do not have fancy widgets installed.

ive had that camera freezing prob too!! i was actually on a plane..... i turned off my phone, but decided to turn it back on so i can take a photo of the take off.... so i was in a hurry to try to access the camera once the phone turned on.... i think the media card was still being read...i clicked the camera icon and the camera screen showed...but i couldnt take a picture or anything ...the menu screen on the side disappeared too....the phone was stuck like that...i had to pull the battery also

cloudtp2 09-10-2010 09:21 PM

i remember this happening to me once. but it wasnt in camera mode. i was in Google maps.
i went to the app market and downloaded the new update for the map. right after that open google maps, then after i it got my location was was trying to search. it froze. i tryed to back up, then the lights at the bottom all light up. tryed to shut the screen off. nothing worked. then it just restated it self. it lasted maybe 15sec.

dumpringz 09-11-2010 09:39 AM

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

phone freeze during camera is a constant issue for me ... sux