PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung transform

Ok first off thanks for your help in advance. 2cd here is my issue. i have scoured google for help. Nothing that really works. Superoneclick will not work. i simply get the "waiting for device" all the time. Other methods i have tried will not work . I have used terminal but the adb file does not have a "su" file in it. did they remove it from the android sdk?

ok here goes.... i have a mac. NOT A PC.. A MAC... i do have parallels with windows 7 ultimate edition. Running windows apps in a virtual environment is not the same.. trust me i have tried. i an looking for a step by step explanation on how to root a samsung transform on a mac. please do not point me to the "epic" forums. i tried that. even watched the video. once again.. no "su" file in the sdk. Im not a total nood but i am new to android. Please if anyone has successfully rooted there transform please list STEP BY STEP instructions. Do i unmount the sd card? uncheck usb debugging first then check later? or should it be checked from the beginning? what do i need to install.. on a mac.... or can i install the windows files to windows on the VIRTUAL machine and it work?

When i plug my phone into the mac all i get is charging.... thats it. Never tells me its plugged in .. nothing. Syncmate does not pop up. even with the sd card mounted it doesnt show up in my mac. nothing.... how do i even get the phone to show up

I am tired and have a headache searching so hard. Is it just me or has google gotten worse with time. Some of the main search returns on the first page are so irrelevant its crazy. I have windows mobile phone and dare i say it.. getting the hard spl loaded to unlock the phone is super simple. Maybe its because this phone is kinda new but still i am having alot of trouble. There has GOT to be some mac users out there that have rooted this phone........ please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
Ok first off thanks for your help in advance. 2cd here is my issue. i have scoured google for help. Nothing that really works. Superoneclick will not work. i simply get the "waiting for device" all the time. Other methods i have tried will not work . I have used terminal but the adb file does not have a "su" file in it. did they remove it from the android sdk?

ok here goes.... i have a mac. NOT A PC.. A MAC... i do have parallels with windows 7 ultimate edition. Running windows apps in a virtual environment is not the same.. trust me i have tried. i an looking for a step by step explanation on how to root a samsung transform on a mac. please do not point me to the "epic" forums. i tried that. even watched the video. once again.. no "su" file in the sdk. Im not a total nood but i am new to android. Please if anyone has successfully rooted there transform please list STEP BY STEP instructions. Do i unmount the sd card? uncheck usb debugging first then check later? or should it be checked from the beginning? what do i need to install.. on a mac.... or can i install the windows files to windows on the VIRTUAL machine and it work?

When i plug my phone into the mac all i get is charging.... thats it. Never tells me its plugged in .. nothing. Syncmate does not pop up. even with the sd card mounted it doesnt show up in my mac. nothing.... how do i even get the phone to show up

I am tired and have a headache searching so hard. Is it just me or has google gotten worse with time. Some of the main search returns on the first page are so irrelevant its crazy. I have windows mobile phone and dare i say it.. getting the hard spl loaded to unlock the phone is super simple. Maybe its because this phone is kinda new but still i am having alot of trouble. There has GOT to be some mac users out there that have rooted this phone........ please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The transform is pretty much an intercept/moment rather then an Epic..Its not even a galaxy s phone..

But I will try to assist you..

su = super user..there is an apk for it that you can download..but you need to be rooted to use it.

If you want to root, try z4root app:

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

then once properly rooted get the superuser apk

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

thank you.. i will try that now..
Old 12-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The transform is pretty much an intercept/moment rather then an Epic..Its not even a galaxy s phone..

But I will try to assist you..

su = super user..there is an apk for it that you can download..but you need to be rooted to use it.

If you want to root, try z4root app:

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

then once properly rooted get the superuser apk
ok thank you. That rooted it. And i got the superuser apk from the market thanks... now i just need to find a working overclock for the transform

Last edited by gokudre; 12-19-2010 at 11:25 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific