PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

BBAHunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone care about 3D perf?

Seems like out of all the reviews on phones, especially reviews of the Galaxy S series, hardly anyone (even professional reviewers) seem to know about the 3D performance difference or even talk about it. You actually have to search specifically for 3D and Galaxy just to find someones small clips of the differences.

What gives? Is it bias or do they simply not know the biggest performance difference?
Old 09-05-2010, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

BBAHunter is a n00b
Re: Does anyone care about 3D perf?

I think this is one game I will try when I get mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF4ZZZoFYVA
Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Yeah I did. Not sure why it's not mentioned as much. I just wish the Epic had the gyro like the the iphone4 to pan the game world view around for aim and then right thumb is free to shoot and any other controls.

I made a gyro based game gun with a pico projector and gyro for aim to play pc shooters which is so much more fun than mouse or stick. I wonder if the compass/accelerometers could be accurate enough to simulate a gyro for mobile fps.

I tried that demo and it's pretty cool other than trying to aim and shoot with one thumb is a pain. The graphics this phone will do are pretty impressive for a phone.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAHunter View Post
Seems like out of all the reviews on phones, especially reviews of the Galaxy S series, hardly anyone (even professional reviewers) seem to know about the 3D performance difference or even talk about it. You actually have to search specifically for 3D and Galaxy just to find someones small clips of the differences.

What gives? Is it bias or do they simply not know the biggest performance difference?
My guess there are 2 reasons for this:

1) most reviewers aren't really gamers as mobile market hasn't really been associated big on games yet...thus most reviewers don't even think about it or even know the difference.

2) This is probably the first phone where graphics really shined...so there is really nothing to compare it to...and as stated above most reviewers don't even think about it..similar to how before iphone came out, did anyone ever talk about looks for smartphones? or ease of use and etc...same thing...

Once gignerbread, wp7 with their xbox live and etc..thats when reviewers are gonna start talking about it...aka reviewers are always behind the curve till someone wakes them up >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

If it can play a high end game well then it should run everything else well. All about processor and gpu just like building a pc.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
If it can play a high end game well then it should run everything else well. All about processor and gpu just like building a pc.
We need to know the FPS playing crysis :P lol

But based on specs it should even be capable of encoding and decoding 1080p @30fps..its in the documentation...but Samsung did not include the software support for it...so its something for the hacker community to do >.>
Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I just wish the Epic had the gyro like the the iphone4 to pan the game world view around for aim and then right thumb is free to shoot and any other controls.
It has the same 6-axis gyro that is in the iphone4.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The problem is not hardware, it's drivers and software. Google made a conscious decision to not require a specific GPU, the pro is that it gave hardware vendors flexibility (that is the only way we have both an Evo and an Epic) the con is that there is no optimization (the GPU is underutilized.)
Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
im sorry guys but i played nova on my evo and on my sisters epic it looks and feels as if i was playing it on my evo. Is there any other game outthere that i can try?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
im sorry guys but i played nova on my evo and on my sisters epic it looks and feels as if i was playing it on my evo. Is there any other game outthere that i can try?

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro
You can try the Gameloft demos..there are a bunch you can try.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific