PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS issues.

I read that on the Epic, GPS issues were fixed but when I used Sprint Navigation, WOW... what a piece of dookie...

Looking for a sprint store, it took me to a residential community TWICE.
and one other spot was else where and phone # was not working and the last one was off by at least 100 meters.

Any fix around this yet?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: GPS issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
I read that on the Epic, GPS issues were fixed but when I used Sprint Navigation, WOW... what a piece of dookie...

Looking for a sprint store, it took me to a residential community TWICE.
and one other spot was else where and phone # was not working and the last one was off by at least 100 meters.

Any fix around this yet?
Did you enable "Use wireless networks"?

We are gonna get a true GPS fix in the next update..that fixes the multipathing issue..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

We are gonna get a true GPS fix in the next update..that fixes the multipathing issue..
How do I do this?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
How do I do this?
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nt_Epic_4g#GPS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gten, I thank you for your prompt response. I will go check that out now.
EDIT: Crap... it's already enabled.... T__T
Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
gten, I thank you for your prompt response. I will go check that out now.
EDIT: Crap... it's already enabled.... T__T
I guess the best solution is to wait till september patch..rumor is Sept 23rd...but if its really vital there are a few other things you can try..which helped the other Galaxy S phones...but I cant guarantee anything:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...orever_to_lock
Old 09-15-2010, 09:37 PM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

Quote:

You should keep :use wireless networks off" it has not affect on GPS, and defaults you very low accuracy to tower locations.

The issue is not multipathing at all. It is expired ephemeris held in cache. There is not timing set for the cache, and GPS timeout to prompt a download of current ephemeris is improperly set or not set. Taht is why if you cycle the Epic you get a perfect near instant fix off of nine or ten satellites, but if the Epic has not been recently recycled it may hang "seeing" ten satlellites but not using them. That is classic invalid ephmeris.

Please point to any statement that Epic will get anything in September? Samsung denies the issue outright, and its update for Epic is not September but closer to December according to their statement to Engadget.

Quote:
I guess the best solution is to wait till september patch..rumor is Sept 23rd...but if its really vital there are a few other things you can try..which helped the other Galaxy S phones...but I cant guarantee anything:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...orever_to_lock
A very different problem.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ga...sept-23rd.html

How believable that is another story but its a possibility..but if Froyo comes with the fix on the other devices we may be able to port it to ours even if we don't get Froyo.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOGUL, TP1, TP2, EVO, EPIC 4g

nadcicle20 is just getting started

I've found power cycling and leaving 4g and wifi off to help out a little bit with the gps, and this was after having tons of problems myself with it.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Some people are claiming with the 9/16 update GPS was improved :/, anyone who has GPS issues try it?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific