PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anybody else notice...

the lack of dev interest in this phone? that's the only thing holding me up from buying one right now. any thoughts on this guys?

Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: anybody else notice...

I think if this phone would've come out before the EVO the case may be a little different, though there is always a lot of development for HTC phones no matter what; afterall, that's where xda started. On the other hand, the Epic is a pretty sick phone and from my experiences it does not need some of the "fixes" that the EVO has needed. Other than that, I am sure ROMs will start popping up as well as overclock kernals and all that jazz.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I think if this phone would've come out before the EVO the case may be a little different, though there is always a lot of development for HTC phones no matter what; afterall, that's where xda started. On the other hand, the Epic is a pretty sick phone and from my experiences it does not need some of the "fixes" that the EVO has needed. Other than that, I am sure ROMs will start popping up as well as overclock kernals and all that jazz.

ive seen one beta rom for the epic so far. i agree though, the evo stole alot of thunder. too bad the battery life is horrid on that phone.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I rooted the phone (mostly for backing up reasons) but honestly see none of the glitches that plagued the Evo. The battery life is superb (as long as I install all programs from scratch and not from an Evo backup). Screen refresh is smooth and gameplay is great.

First phone that works out of the box since I purchased a Treo 600 years back.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It doesn't have as much hoopla arund it, but it is widely supported as a galaxy series phone on xda and sdx dev sites. Evo had a head start in that they gave some out before release..
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

like they said, i had my evo rooted and running custom roms and kernals and all kinds of shit. Dont need any of that on the epic. I rooted for wifi tether and thats it. No fps cap, better gpu(psx4droid works amazing). Plus not gonna be a whole lot of roms when the bootloader hasnt been changed yet, unless i missed something lately.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Actually the development is pretty good over at xda...if you look at the i9000 development its already has 2x the posts of the EVO..what kinda sucks at xds is they split up the devices up over there making it a pain for the developers and for users like us..a lot of the development happens on the Vibrant, captivate or i9000 and with minor tweaks works on ours and sometimes no tweaks at all...there is a thread on xda to get the development merged:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764084

overall though I got to use the epic and its pretty good...only thing that I'm missing are Froyo (so I can load apps on the sd card)..and lazer beams attached to it...

And yes I'm finally back >.> yey

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Welcome back gTen, and send me a link to the lazer beam app when it comes out!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 AM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

still no development going on, what a disappointment. i love the look & feel of the epic but im holding off for now. the way i look at it, the evo is just about outdated so i may just wait and see what other droid phones come to sprint later this fall/winter before i upgrade.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

We have some dev support..a lot of our development comes from the i9000 aka the international Galaxy S...and we got a few devs specifically for the epic such as noobnl and joekrim..also ACL said he might be interested once he is done with the TP2 port.

We already have a few roms and a recovery, what else are you expecting?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific