PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4
Carrier: sprint

Jinga is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery charge

i have an epic 4 and why it's taking forever to charge the battery? anyone else having the same issue? for me a full charge toke me 4 hours,how about you?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: battery charge

sounds about right. tha was about the same for my tp2, so it didnt concern me? should it charge quicker or something?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4
Threadstarter

Jinga is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
sounds about right. tha was about the same for my tp2, so it didnt concern me? should it charge quicker or something?
it should be ,with my evo took me only 2 hours full charge and for my tp 2 same,i don't why with the epic 4 takes so much damn time
Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Can't wait til we get quick charging devices that will charge 90% in 5 mins.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Yeah I have noticed that the charge time seams to lag arse. My Evo was done in about 2.5 but this is like 3 to 3.5. I am running battery indicator pro and will see if I notice anything that that can tell me.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I think they did that on purpose. The device tends to get pretty warm when youre casually surfing the device while its plugged in.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

I believe the Evo comes with a "quick charge" which charges the device within 2 hours. The downside is that i don't think it completely charges the battery. That's why htc had said to after the Evo fully charges, to turn off the phone and charge it some more to acheive max charge. I bet turning the phone off and charging again, turns off the quick charge function on the EVO

For the Epic, i have noticed that battery life lasts MUCH longer than my Evo ever did. I guess that's the trade off....longer charge = longer batter life.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

my only problem is that the battery icon in the status bar is waayyy off from the real percentage. life seems fine for me. i do seem to see that i does take some time to charge. it seems to be on the dock alot more and die a little quicker, but not due to poor life. it just doesnt charge as quick.

Last edited by austin420; 09-03-2010 at 03:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific