PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA-Specific (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   How do we assign custom ringtones?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132961)

dizidi 09-03-2010 05:04 AM

How do we assign custom ringtones??

What seemed to be a very simple task with my Touch Pro 2, I can't figure out how to assign a custom audio file from my sd card as a ringtone on the Epic? Can anyone help out?

Oh, one more thing. On the native email app, I couldn't select multiple messages to delete. only one at a time. Oh boy, this Android thing is gonna take some time to get adjusted to.

Johnny.Bravo 09-03-2010 07:55 AM

Re: How do we assign custom ringtones??

Here is how to assign a custom ringtone:

-Copy the MP3 to your SD card
-Open Contacts and select the contact you want
-Press the Menu button (bottom left of the phone) and then select Edit
-Select Ringtone and then select Sound
-Go to where you saved the MP3 you want to use and select it.
-Done

To delete multiple emails simply open the email application and you will see a box next to each email. Check the boxes next to the emails you want to delete and you will see a menu bar come up on the bottom of the screen that gives you the choice to Mark Unread, Remove Star or Delete. Select Delete and all the checked emails are deleted.

00_MACKIE_00 09-03-2010 02:22 PM

Make 3 folders on your SD card. (alarms, notifications, and ringtones) - drop your sounds into wherever folder you want.

If you want a particular notification for your texts, use a Handcent and set the notification you want for it

dizidi 09-03-2010 06:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'll go play with it when I get home tonight.

doughorton 09-04-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksfoster (Post 1933615)
Here is how to assign a custom ringtone:
-Copy the MP3 to your SD card
-Open Contacts and select the contact you want
-Press the Menu button (bottom left of the phone) and then select Edit
-Select Ringtone and then select Sound
-Go to where you saved the MP3 you want to use and select it.
-Done

I'm having the same problem. I don't see anything about ringtones in the contact window. I have a new Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G from Sprint.

Johnny.Bravo 09-04-2010 02:12 PM

When you open the contact you want to change, you have to click on the menu button - that is the button down at the lower left corner of the phone right below the word "Samsung" (below the screen), and then select "edit". Then scroll down until you see the Ringtone field.

doughorton 09-04-2010 06:19 PM

I believe that is where I am looking. From the Applications menu, I click "Contacts" in the bottom to the right of the Phone icon. I select the Contact I want to set the ringtone for, and then I click the Menu button followed by the Edit icon (Pencil). It shows the picture, name, phone numbers, email, IM, company and job title fields, but no ringtone field.

This is a brand new Samsung Galaxy S/Epic 4G purchased this past Thursday from Best Buy.

Johnny.Bravo 09-04-2010 07:38 PM

Well, I 'm at a loss. The ringtone field should be right after "Groups" and right before "Company".

Anyone else have any idea why he doesn't have a ringtone field?

I don't think this will make any difference, but my phone is rooted. Is yours?

Johnny.Bravo 09-04-2010 07:43 PM

There is an app called Ringdroid (its free) that lets you edit music files and then save them to your ringtone folder so it shows up in your list of stock ringtones. It also gives you the option to assign a ringtone to a contact. Give that a try.

CzechPleez 09-14-2010 12:06 AM

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Epic owner/user.

You can only assign custom ringtones to contacts that are either Gmail contacts or local phone contacts. You cannot assign custom ringtones to corporate (e.g. Exchange), Facebook, Twitter or Flickr contacts. This is a limit of Samsung's contacts manager that has been reported as a bug. They have stated they will correct in the near future. Look for an update soon.

Sprint is proud to have you as customers. Thanks for your business.