PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: How do we assign custom ringtones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechPleez View Post
Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Epic owner/user.

You can only assign custom ringtones to contacts that are either Gmail contacts or local phone contacts. You cannot assign custom ringtones to corporate (e.g. Exchange), Facebook, Twitter or Flickr contacts. This is a limit of Samsung's contacts manager that has been reported as a bug. They have stated they will correct in the near future. Look for an update soon.

Sprint is proud to have you as customers. Thanks for your business.
Damn good info. Hopefully they fix the upload cap as well.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

carrmic is a n00b

I would like to use OGG files (which I pulled from the Android release for Touch Pro 2) as default ringtones. Is there any way to add them to the list for default ringers? I have put them on my storage card under media/ringtones. burt they don't show up. I don't use custom ringtones, and I don't want to assign a ringtone to all 200 contacts.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Back in the old days before smartphones, the only way to get a custom ringtone without buying it from your servoce provider was to use an uploader. Like this one:

Phone Uploader

I use this website for my wife's LG Lotus Elite all the time. It puts the ringtone you want right into your ringtone folder. Works great, but there is a size limit. I'm not sure what it is but I tried uploading an entire 7MB song and it failed....said it was too big.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

carrmic is a n00b

Actually nevermind. Placing the files on the SD card in the appropriately named folders did work.

media\audio\ringtones
media\audio\notifications
media\audio\alarms
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific