PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA-Specific (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Data/power Cable on top!? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132884)

clockcycle 09-02-2010 12:26 PM

Data/power Cable on top!?

What's with the data/charging port being on the top?

-CC

nmhusa 09-03-2010 08:43 AM

Re: Data/power Cable on top!?

Not sure. After getting used to the Evo, it was a bit of a shock. If I could figure out screen rotation I would be able to position the phone upside down with only the hidden keys on top.

mindfrost82 09-03-2010 08:52 AM

I think all of the Galaxy phones have this design, my Samsung Captivate has it too.

I've gotten used to it by now, but I still prefer it to be on the bottom, not sure what Samsung's thought was behind having it on the top.

Coucher 09-03-2010 05:23 PM

Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's not.

For example, when I'm in the vehicle and have it hooked up to my vehicle charger, I usually always put my phone in the center console cup holder, so with the Epic having the port on the top, it's upright when I do this.

However, it's a bit of a nag if I answer the phone or want to talk on it while still attached to the charger. In this situation, on the bottom works/worked much better.

Kind of screws up being able to use a nice upright PC dock too. Who knows why they did it...

nmhusa 09-03-2010 08:02 PM

The sprint dock is oriented horizontally.

Coucher 09-03-2010 08:06 PM

Which is why I said "upright".

lawsofpower48 09-04-2010 04:53 AM

its weird being up there.... all of my phones ive EVER had was on the bottom...sometimes i pick up the phone and think its on the opposite end..so my phone is really upside down

dan330 09-07-2010 12:19 AM

i agree .. it is in an odd location.

how would a desktop dock work? you cant just press in it and forget..

car holders are not that convenient. and silly looking if the holder is on top of the dash board. the cable is sticking out the top.. and would drive me nuts.
i guess it will have to sit in landscape or upside down.

then using the phone with the charger on it. talking on it will be very annoying.. with the cable pulling the phone ..

nadcicle20 09-16-2010 09:44 AM

You guys aren't supposed to talk on the phone whilst driving and charging it anyways :P

If you have to talk and drive at least do so with a bluetooth. I purposely swerve at people holding a phone to the side of their face doing 25 on the interstate to see how much they're paying attention.

ok ok .. im really not that mean im just saying.. lol

dumpringz 09-16-2010 11:39 AM

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

it was annoying while texting at first but ive adapted ... if i get a call i just unplug during it if im driving