PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA-Specific (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Any way to get Epic to download all e-mails? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132850)

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-01-2010 11:32 PM

Any way to get Epic to download all e-mails?

I got it to load every e-mail after manually pushing them all through by having it load every message, but it eventually dumped the excess. I'd like to have all of my e-mails readily available, is there any way to have the Epic download all e-mails and keep them there? Thanks!

Johnny.Bravo 09-02-2010 06:25 AM

Re: Any way to get Epic to download all e-mails?

I don't know what email service you are using, but I use Hotmail and as soon as I set up my email the phone downloaded my entire inbox in about 30 seconds.

nadcicle20 09-02-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksfoster (Post 1932514)
I don't know what email service you are using, but I use Hotmail and as soon as I set up my email the phone downloaded my entire inbox in about 30 seconds.

I think he means he wants it to not auto delete old emails off of his phone after so many days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 1932344)
I got it to load every e-mail after manually pushing them all through by having it load every message, but it eventually dumped the excess. I'd like to have all of my e-mails readily available, is there any way to have the Epic download all e-mails and keep them there? Thanks!

If it is what I am thinking about you can try opening up email then hit menu, more, settings, send and receive, download options and set that to all. There are also an amount of other settings you can change in there that might be beneficial to you.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-02-2010 10:57 AM

I'm using Gmail and Yahoo, btw.

nadcicle20, when I click on the email account and it menu, the only options I have available are Refresh, Compose, Accounts, Account Setting, Sort and Search. Account Settings did not have an option for this. Am I in the right screen?

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-02-2010 03:55 PM

So it clears my Yahoo randomly, but not my Gmail account. Weird. I'd like to fix this if possible it's kind of annoying.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-03-2010 10:57 PM

No dice still, any ideas?

nadcicle20 09-03-2010 11:03 PM

Sorry for the late response, but I was going off of the Evo and seeing if it was the same. I checked on my TP2 and it was slightly similar ...

If there is anything for a send receive size changing is what helps.

Sorry, but I guess it might be a 2.2 froyo thing.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-13-2010 12:46 AM

I'm still holding out for an answer to this, any ideas?

Also, weird thing, but recently my mail hasn't been auto-syncing. Weird.

gTen 09-13-2010 02:06 PM

Just to confirm, are you using POP3 or IMAP?

Also do you have any apps such as Juice Defender installed?

austin420 09-13-2010 09:14 PM

my yahoo hasnt synced for 3 days. ive questioned all the usual suspect. even tried a hard reset. any one else having issues?