PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid > CDMA Moto Droid Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

NevadaXJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Froyo ROM for the Droid now released :D

So, I'm loving the 2.2, but my bluetooth headset won't work now. It will pair up, and I can hear fine with it, but no one can hear me. I am not seeing anyone else with this issue...
Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

New version released last night. Fixes some issues with Market Apps and other things. There is also a new baseband available.

New version: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ore-froyo.html

If you have an issue with some paid apps not showing then download this fix: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...rsion-2-a.html

Clean Black Theme: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...ack-froyo.html

New baseband 1.43.01p: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/m...01-43-01p.html

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-08-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
New version released last night. Fixes some issues with Market Apps and other things. There is also a new baseband available.

New version: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ore-froyo.html

If you have an issue with some paid apps not showing then download this fix: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...rsion-2-a.html

Clean Black Theme: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...ack-froyo.html

New baseband 1.43.01p: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/m...01-43-01p.html
Nice, I am awaiting the Froyo Bugless Beast, Pete has already worked out issues others couldn't.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ludesit View Post
Nice, I am awaiting the Froyo Bugless Beast, Pete has already worked out issues others couldn't.
Like what?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Like what?
Quote:
Update! (6/8/10) 1:20 AM
Succesfully made an "update.zip" style ROM that does not break data connections. This issue has been driving many devs mad and taking up most of my time. Now I can move forward, time to rest!
Thats from Pete himself.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Nomad is a n00b
Re: Froyo ROM for the Droid now released :D Updated 6-8-10

Hey guys,

I went ahead and spent several hours today moving from cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 to the latest froyo that has been posted in the last day or so. I follow the directions online to
1. wipe the cache, data, and even reformatted my SD (via CW Recovery).
2. install ROM manager and move the latest froyo into the backup directory
3. Flash the ROM via recovery
4. flash the latest baseband
5. flash the 1.25GHz kernal
6. Set up accounts and start downloading apps and the like

I have done this several times and things really aren't working right. Here are my current issues:

1. Cannot get "fix permissions" in Rom Manager to work. Get an error every time I try it.
2. Cannot get any of the apps installers to work. They force close every time I try them (astro and others)
3. Cannot get VPN Connections to work (is this due to busybox not being available for this ROM?)

Because the apps installer won't work, I can't install flash, swype, etc. Anybody else having these problems? could it be because I came from Cyanogenmod? I have read a few others who have had problems coming from Cyanogenmod.

thanks in advance,

Seth
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

What version of ROM Manager are you using?

Are you trying to fix permissions immediately after install (you shouldn't have to)? Do you have Busybox installed to System/bin?

Flash the new ROM again but reboot before adding the 1.25 kernel to see if this helps. Your phone might not like the kernel (mine didn't). Also, instead of using ROM Manager try going from recovery. So, boot in to recovery. Wipe and then install the ROM.

Let us know if this helps at all.

Last edited by blazingwolf; 06-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Lurker

Nomad is a n00b

BW,

Thanks for the help. The second time I flashed last night I did it all in recovery - including wiping and formatting. The phone is running great, and I figured out how to install 3rd party apps by using app manager instead of app installer. I haven't had a chance to go back after the VPN issue, but I might later tonight.

Do you have a recommended installation method for busybox? Originally I found a ton of not-useful articles that didn't work for me originally. Finally, I ended up finding a Cyanogen ROM that had it built in. If you have a good suggestion for this, however, I'd be very appreciative. Otherwise, I really love Froyo.

Froyo build - FRFxx 33333 test-keys

thanks again,

Seth
Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, you can install the free version of Titanium Backup. Then hit the "Problems" button and that will install Busybox. Then you need to move it to /System/bin or /System/xbin. You can use Root explorer for that.

Conversely, you can get a ROM that has it installed already. Pete just put out his first bugless beast version Froyo. There are others too.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Lurker

Nomad is a n00b

Thanks again for the help. I have reinstalled busybox via titanium backup and will likely try this route first. Everything else seems to be working really smoothly, but I have heard great things about Pete's ROMs, so I might have to give it a whirl. If I find a solution, I'll post back in the hope that it's helpful for somebody else with a similar problem.

Seth

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid > CDMA Moto Droid Development