PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid > CDMA Moto Droid Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:03 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Redrum chaos 1.1

Changelog

Release notes

Date: 4/17/2010
Version: 1.1
Build date 4/15 ESE81

--Resolved voice search force close.
--Further removal of cyanogenmod files from the source build. This has resulted in a substantial space savings (~12mb).
--updated source from initial release.
--Camera shutter sound removed.
--Video recorder recording beep removed.
--Optimized apks in /system.
--Google apps are no longer included to avoid any legal complications. Please note that calendar will not work until google apps have been installed, and will force close until then.
--New scripts
(EXPERIMENTAL) d_back- backs up downloaded market apps in /data/app to /sdcard/appbak. May not backup some paid apps.
(EXPERIMENTAL) d_restore- restores above apps. May not restore some paid apps. The market will not recognize restored data for updates.
rm_launcher2- removes 3D launcher2 that comes with rom. No undo option!
rm_launcher1- removes stock launcher1 that comes with rom. No undo option!
These next scripts apply only after installing separate google apps package.
cleanup- Advised to be run after gapps install.
rm_facebook- Removes facebook. No undo option!
rm_goggles- Removes Google Goggles. No undo option!
rm_voice- Removes Google Voice. No undo option!
rm_amazon- Removes Amazon MP3. No undo option!
--NAND Prefetch and swap enabled in kernel.

New installation instructions!

Due to Google not really allowing bundled google apps to be bundled with roms and redistributed by the public, we have decided to separate google apps from the rest of the rom. :emo_im_sad:

What does this mean for you? A slightly longer installation process. Also, the phone will work as a phone, without Google apps. Its just taken the 'smart' out of smart phone Please note calendar will not work and will force close until Google Apps have been installed.

1. Download and install http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/redrum_chaos_1_1.zip (the ROM) with your favorite recovery image, be it clockwork or sprecovery. Rom manager from the market makes it easiest, allowing you to install rom directly from sd card while within Android, and has an easy to follow gui. Keep in mind if you use sprecovery, this must be renamed to update.zip and placed in the base of your sd card.

2. Install google apps. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/g_apps3.zip These are installed the same way as the ROM!
Note: For sprecovery users, grab this instead: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/update.zip

3. Download and install metamorph from the market and install this metamorph theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/Red_Rum_Chaotis_MM.zip This will theme the google apps you installed and finish the final look. It is NOT required.

4 (Optional). Spare Parts has been included in a separate download for 1.1, but to be included from here on. This is a custom version for Team CHAOS, that has removed compache settings, launcher settings, etc. that do not apply to this ROM. Credit goes to cyanogen, as it was his source code that this was compiled from, and credit to my good friend treynull, who helped me because my java skills suck!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/Spare_Parts.zip

It gets installed the same way as a rom in clockwork, or an update.zip for sprecovery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has arrived!

bgill55 and adrynalyne are proud to present to you:

http://www.jbthemes.com/bgill55/redrumchaos.zip

This joint project ROM was built using the ESE81 source tree by me, under the name chaos. The kernel is built by me from the latest 2.6.29 aosp code. It supports wifi tethering (tested with pre- and has tun support for VPN. The speed ranges from 125mhz to 1ghz @ stock voltage, and the kernel has the conservative governor enabled. It defaults to 600mhz, ondemand governor. This rom is very slim, but we will be adding apps we removed at a later date in the form of an update.zip. MMS video also works properly.

Enough of the boring stuff. bgill55 has done ALL of the theming in this rom, as well as the custom animation transitions. He has brought a truly amazing work of art to life. He has made stock 2.1 look absolutely fantastic!

Items removed:

Corporate Calendar
Amazon MP3
Email
Development tools
Google Goggles
QuickOffice

Items added (that you wont see in stock 2.1):

Spare Parts
Motoroi File Manager
Custom themed Launcher2 (credit bgill55)
Custom themed 5 screen Launcher (credit bgill55)
Busybox w/ cp symlinked
sysro, sysrw, Fix_permissions scripts
download crutch lite (takes care of unsupported filetypes when downloading with browser).

Tweaks

Increased wifi scan interval to help with battery life.
Kernel has been compiled with ondemand governor by default, instead of performance (which is how stock does it).
Disabled ring delay.
Custom transition animations (credit bgill55).
Spart Parts (you can change transitions and animations speed to enhance performance, as well as set home launcher to be persistent.
HQ Youtube by default.

Issues:
Launcher2: Included, but not all Launcher2 apps out there work. Latest Helix2 beta works like a dream.

Note: This is a higher performance, overclocked rom. Not all hardware is made equally, and may be subject to instability for some at higher speeds. We cannot guarantee/support stability past 600mhz (default manufacturer speed).

Issues
voice search is broken. The fix is here, install it as an update.zip.4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download voice_search_fix.zip

koush, for answering my lame questions and his awesome vendor overlay.
natediddy, for answering my even lamer questions.
chevyno1, for his kernel help over the past few weeks.
bgill55, for help with testing, theming, and patience to try my lame crap.
the blackdroid for his help in fixing an annoying bug.
cyanogen, for all his work in andoid community.
sniffle, for his guide that helped me get started.

Beta testers:
:HarshReality
:Redbull
:jcrusor
:hedney3
:

(Redrumchaos 1.0 w/ Weather widget toggle and Helix2 beta)

Installation:
**MUST WIPE DATA & CACHE**
Clockworkmod:
You can install by simply browsing to the ROM as named, on your sd card and choosing install.
sprecovery: Rename to update.zip first.

Additional Links:
android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code
(only tested with pre-

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 04-18-2010 at 04:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work
Re: Redrum chaos 1.1

I see this was just added to the rom manager. Good job guys.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Yeah but we have to move the hosting, so there may be a small outage.

I got a disconnect notice for excessive bandwidth
Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

Do you have a set of instructions for flashing via rom manager? I have tried twice and both have failed because it cannot find a file that is somewhere like /clockwork/BGill/...
Does the theme have to be downloaded separately? If I reboot at that point, I get the rom without the theme I chose and without the google apps. I will try again and get the whole failure message.

Edit:
E:Can't open /sdcard/clockworkmoddownload/www.jbthemes.com/bgill55/g_apps3.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

So, it looks like it cannot install the google apps.

Last edited by Bunsen Honeydew; 04-24-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tried to DL the google apps manually. Must still be down per your last post. I'll try again when that has been fixed.

Edit: Deleted the G_apps from my sdcard and re downloaded from rom manager. Working great!

Last edited by Bunsen Honeydew; 04-25-2010 at 12:14 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid > CDMA Moto Droid Development