PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA iPhone Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=311)
-   -   Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.01 (untethered) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148828)

rainfreak 01-24-2012 09:45 AM

Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.01 (untethered)

http://rainfreak.com/images/other/ab...is0n-icon1.jpg

For those of you that were waiting for an untethered jailbreak for the iPad 2 or the iPhone 4s (iProducts with the A5 processor), your wait has come to an end. Check out the link below for a news story stating that since the release of the untethered jailbreak on Friday, the Chronic-Dev team has seen more than one million devices unlocked, in just three days. After the news story link are links to the Windows and Mac versions of the jailbreak, as well as the home page of the Chronic-Dev Team, who brought us the long anticipated jailbreak.

FYI - This jailbreak works with all WiFi only iPad 2 devices as well as CDMA and GSM iPhone 4S devices.

Link to News Article: click here

Link to Download for Windows: click here

Link to Download for Mac: click here

Link to Chronic-Dev Team's web site: click here

Carla 01-26-2012 08:27 PM

Re: Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.01 (untethered)

How are you liking the JB Rain? I have yet to do it and still haven't decided yet about doing it to my phone or not. Definitely going to do the iPad2 when I get the chance though.

rainfreak 01-27-2012 10:38 AM

Actually I jailbroke my iPad 2, to test it out, and then went back to stock and the way it was (restored a backup) the same day. I don't have a need to jailbreak my devices because I don't mind paying for the apps/games that I want on either device. I would rather support the software devs and keep good products coming out than save a couple of bucks.

The only other reason I would jailbreak is to have free WiFi tethering, though I don't need that either because I have a MiFi that I carry (work provided). To me the customizations aren't anything important anymore... I just like my devices to work and work well when I need them. Nomesayin?

OMJ 01-27-2012 11:59 AM

nice, was waiting for this for the kids ipod touch....thx RF

rainfreak 01-27-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2166131)
nice, was waiting for this for the kids ipod touch....thx RF

Anytime bro.

Carla 01-27-2012 08:45 PM

I know what you mean. I don't mind buying things for my iPhone or iPad at all. Funny how it works. I was just curious what you thought. I may still give it a go, just need the time to sit down and do it when I am not doing something else at the same time.

rainfreak 01-30-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla (Post 2166178)
I know what you mean. I don't mind buying things for my iPhone or iPad at all. Funny how it works. I was just curious what you thought. I may still give it a go, just need the time to sit down and do it when I am not doing something else at the same time.

It works great and I didn't have any problem, like just about everyone who tried it, though I have read about a few people's iPhones becoming an iBrick. But in truth, that's probably the individual and not the jailbreak, IMHO.

Bill36 02-01-2012 12:28 AM

I jailbreak mine for the ability to customize my iPhone basically anyway possible. I do not use it for the free apps which at times could be nice, but its all about the customization for me!

BoostJunkieXL 03-05-2012 08:38 PM

Help me! I think my 4s just became an iBrick using this jailbreak! How can I fix it???

rainfreak 03-06-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostJunkieXL (Post 2171783)
Help me! I think my 4s just became an iBrick using this jailbreak! How can I fix it???

I replied to your PM... reply to mine and let me know if you got it fixed or not. I'll be on PPCG pretty much all day today...