PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > CDMA iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.01 (untethered)

For those of you that were waiting for an untethered jailbreak for the iPad 2 or the iPhone 4s (iProducts with the A5 processor), your wait has come to an end. Check out the link below for a news story stating that since the release of the untethered jailbreak on Friday, the Chronic-Dev team has seen more than one million devices unlocked, in just three days. After the news story link are links to the Windows and Mac versions of the jailbreak, as well as the home page of the Chronic-Dev Team, who brought us the long anticipated jailbreak.

FYI - This jailbreak works with all WiFi only iPad 2 devices as well as CDMA and GSM iPhone 4S devices.

Link to News Article: click here

Link to Download for Windows: click here

Link to Download for Mac: click here

Link to Chronic-Dev Team's web site: click here

Last edited by rainfreak; 01-24-2012 at 09:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.01 (untethered)

How are you liking the JB Rain? I have yet to do it and still haven't decided yet about doing it to my phone or not. Definitely going to do the iPad2 when I get the chance though.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Actually I jailbroke my iPad 2, to test it out, and then went back to stock and the way it was (restored a backup) the same day. I don't have a need to jailbreak my devices because I don't mind paying for the apps/games that I want on either device. I would rather support the software devs and keep good products coming out than save a couple of bucks.

The only other reason I would jailbreak is to have free WiFi tethering, though I don't need that either because I have a MiFi that I carry (work provided). To me the customizations aren't anything important anymore... I just like my devices to work and work well when I need them. Nomesayin?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:59 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

nice, was waiting for this for the kids ipod touch....thx RF
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
nice, was waiting for this for the kids ipod touch....thx RF
Anytime bro.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I know what you mean. I don't mind buying things for my iPhone or iPad at all. Funny how it works. I was just curious what you thought. I may still give it a go, just need the time to sit down and do it when I am not doing something else at the same time.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla View Post
I know what you mean. I don't mind buying things for my iPhone or iPad at all. Funny how it works. I was just curious what you thought. I may still give it a go, just need the time to sit down and do it when I am not doing something else at the same time.
It works great and I didn't have any problem, like just about everyone who tried it, though I have read about a few people's iPhones becoming an iBrick. But in truth, that's probably the individual and not the jailbreak, IMHO.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: Verizon

Bill36 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I jailbreak mine for the ability to customize my iPhone basically anyway possible. I do not use it for the free apps which at times could be nice, but its all about the customization for me!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

BoostJunkieXL is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Help me! I think my 4s just became an iBrick using this jailbreak! How can I fix it???
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkieXL View Post
Help me! I think my 4s just became an iBrick using this jailbreak! How can I fix it???
I replied to your PM... reply to mine and let me know if you got it fixed or not. I'll be on PPCG pretty much all day today...

PPCGeeks > iPhone > CDMA iPhone Development