PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up ROMs and Kernels for the Inc

Great starting-up site for finding the newly rolled-out Incredible ROMs and Kernels!!!!

http://inc.sodpit.com/

Please post results and other sites for ROMs/kernels not written or posted by the authors here.

I think if we can get all teh ROMs we can find along with the Kernels (I am new to this, so I don't quite get the nuances of how the two differ/work together, but I know they are/do) we can all help each other decide what to use and help each other flash/install and use them!!!

There are Sense ROMs, non-Sense (sorry, couldn't resist) ROMs and some in-between!!!!

Please leave feedback!!!

P.S. check out CaptJager ROMs!! I am leaning towards the chocolate one myself (I'm in the minority it seems in loving Sense on my Incredible)!!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 06-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: ROMs and Kernels for the Inc

i was actually just gonna make a thread for this site today, haha. seems to be the only collection of roms. however xda seems to be the place for kernels and themeing.

just to clarify, kernels are not a full rom flash. i guess you could think of it as the "core" (maybe) of android. by updating you kernel to custom ones that people have created, you can obtain wireless n, under volted/overclocked cpu settings, and much more. i know that for the n1, they had an increased memory kernel that took advantage of their 512mb. that is what i am really waiting for, that or 2.2.

i have flashed to the updated unrevolved rom. it seemed about as stripped down and close to stock android as you could get. however i am flashing back to my backup just for tonight as i rely on my phone as an alarm, and well i tried using the htc clock app in the unrevolved rom, the alarm went off but had no way of turning it off (i am guessing since the htc lock screen is gone). anywho, tomorrow i will downgrade and go buy a dedicated physical alarm clock, and flash back to unrevolved. the only thing keeping me from trying jager's is i dislike the sense lock screen, which he has on both his roms.

anywho, the unrevolved rom is nice, clean, and seemed very snappy. su, dev tools, and wifi tether were present form the get go. tomorrow when i flash back i will report some more. i don't use facebook, twitter or any of that social integration stuff, so i won't be able to report on that, but i will let everyone know if i run into bugs.

very tempted to learn about kitchens for android now, haha. winmo i never ran a pre made rom, always had to do my own. and i am gettin that itch again, just wish it wasn't a whole new process...

p.s. - be sure to install the apps.zip from the unrevolved page if you want the stock google apps. also the pre loaded shortcuts didn't work on the screen, maybe because i didn't initially install the apps.zip. so i installed that, cleared the shortcuts and added them again, and they worked

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 06-28-2010 at 10:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Thumbs up Re: ROMs and Kernels for the Inc

Good, informative post!! Thanks MrGoodCat, I learned a bit, and it was a good addition to a thread that I am hoping will help a lot of Android flashing noobies (like me)!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

ok, so i never bought an alarm clock cause i found out i can only set one time for the alarm, i got so used to having multiple on my phone. anywho, that all lead me to a different rom....

the link below is to the rom i have been running for a couple days now "pmf v1.1"
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714961

so far i love it. its pretty much just a stripped down stock rom. no sense, no bloatware. it has been very snappy, a noticeable difference from sense stock. i have had absolutely no bugs, force closes or crashes yet. i did not have to install any stock apps or anything. it came pre loaded with some essential stuff, like superuser, and wifi tether, and some others. and best of all...a WORKING alarm clock! haha.

it also has the stock android 2.1 lockscreen which i prefer over the sense version. however i noticed in the lockscreen you can only select between speaker and silent for the volume setting. there should be a vibrate option as well...no biggy though.

if you are looking to flash your first rom, i'd say start here. its very stable, and is very close to the stock feel, without sense.

it also comes with launcherpro pre installed. i love this home replacement, and the dev on it is very quick to update it. it seems like every week there is an update with new features. give it a shot

so yeah, come on people, let get some more reviews of roms and kernels going here! i'll probably be trying a new kernel this weekend. and gonna try enabling JIT tonight...i will report back on how that helps
Old 10-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: incredible
Carrier: verizon

jmiller98 is a n00b

[KERNEL] Stock Sense HTC Kernel 2.6.32.17
This is the latest available stock kernel (2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16) for Sense-based Incredible's. Nothing has been modified by me, it's the actual binary built by HTC. It's included in my 10/13 stock release (from a few days ago) but figured anyone on Sense may be interested in it. Before anyone asks, I don't know what's different. We don't have the source for this yet and HTC doesn't exactly provide a change log.

http://files.virtuousrom.com/kernels...l_stock_v4.zip

I've been running it for a few days now and it seems rock solid to me. So, experiment with it and enjoy
Old 11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller98 View Post
[KERNEL] Stock Sense HTC Kernel 2.6.32.17
This is the latest available stock kernel (2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16) for Sense-based Incredible's. Nothing has been modified by me, it's the actual binary built by HTC. It's included in my 10/13 stock release (from a few days ago) but figured anyone on Sense may be interested in it. Before anyone asks, I don't know what's different. We don't have the source for this yet and HTC doesn't exactly provide a change log.

http://files.virtuousrom.com/kernels...l_stock_v4.zip

I've been running it for a few days now and it seems rock solid to me. So, experiment with it and enjoy
It's a great Kernel for sure.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development