PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [11/27/10] IncROM v0.7.1 [Deodexed|Zipalinged|Power Control Widget]

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

guys i'm sorry about that one... i almost got everything fixed... i had alot of work to complete the power mod widget now i'm putting a new rom together... if you could go back to v0.7 until i get it fixed you should have no problems

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

no need to apologize sir
Your doing the best you can and thats all that we ask =D>

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

IncROM 1.0 Beta

for anyone that wants to try my rom... run the above link build for now.... no mms bug in it
Old 12-04-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] IncROM [Deodexed|Zipalinged|Power Control Widget]

beta 2 about to post on main thread
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
beta 2 about to post on main thread
@ bored Your ROMs just keep getting better!! gonna DL the newest beta and try it tonight!

Also I figured I would ask about an issue with ya here since I miss the ppcg.com (seems most all the Incredible Incredible stuff is on other sites. So I am in other places) and because you are one Dev that seems to address ALL users and their inquiries not just ones you feel like addressing.

One issue I am having though with the last few builds ( started 1 or 2 releases before Power control widget versions) I call the "Current Location Plague" My Location is showing 'Current Location' no matter what I do, if I am not directly in a city. I live outside of town and I usually have one of two old township that shows up as my location. However lately with most ROMs I get this Current Location Plague. Not just with yours.

I've *228, wiped several times(lol), reflashed, tried diff. kernels, and tried every gps/ vzw location/ Google location combo possible. I have also checked and uncheck the allow Mock Locations in the applications settings with each location service combo I tried. I have also tried removing the clock widget, then adding it back. Still it just says Current Location, not my actual location. I've tried all these fixes with reboots and without. All in all I prob took some life outta the ol Inc just trying to find the combo that makes it work. I did a restore back to the SR 3.3.3 I was running before I flashed and it works fine. Only location service used is Google and Mock locations is checked. BUT....

As I said your ROM is not the only ROM I am having this issue with. I have brought it up in a few other ROM threads and get the generic "Turn on all location services" answer from users. Or the "huh really, not having that problem here." Not one Dev has cared enough to address the issue. There is one thread in which multiple users have had the same issue, and I have brought it up 3 or 4 times and there hasn't been one reply from the Dev. As of right now I have flashed EVERY Inc ROM that is close to current............ I get the Plague on every one of them except IncDoes DesireZ, NilP DesireZ version, SkyRaider3.3.x, redemption rrom2.2.

I know IncDoes uses some kinda Location fix, he has mentioned it several times. his last full wipe release 1.1, had this CLP I mention but he quickly acknowledged it and put a fix in his 1.2 no wipe release from yesterday. I am no kind of Android dev/programmer or I would try to dig into this myself. I am just hoping you can provide some insight. Any response will be better than what I have got so far in the other couple threads I tried at another site.

Thanks!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i've seen mine do that a time or three... its an oddity but yes it does happen.... one thing off of the top of my head is *228 option 3 to update your roaming capabilities....i'll ask some of my users and see if anyone else is experiencing this
Old 12-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

@Whotahn
Im going to ask a very elementary question here and thats just so I can begin my attempt to help you.

Are you wiping Dalvik cache before you flash the rom? If so have you done it manually or are you using Rom Manager?
Secondly have you reverted to the stock rom and tested to see if it does the same there?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
@Whotahn
Im going to ask a very elementary question here and thats just so I can begin my attempt to help you.

Are you wiping Dalvik cache before you flash the rom? If so have you done it manually or are you using Rom Manager?
Secondly have you reverted to the stock rom and tested to see if it does the same there?
Yes, and Yes, Yes and Yes..... I have tried wiping Dalvik with ROM Manager, With Titanium, & manually through Recovery. As well as total wipes through recovery and Menus>Settings>Sd & Phone Storage...... I flash the stock ROM every so many days when messing with this issue and have yet to have the stock ROM not show my location correctly.

This damn issue has plagued my Inc since I rooted it. I have also unrooted/s back on and redid the whole process of rooting/s-off multiple times (old unrevoked and latest) and the issue still pops up on nearly every ROM. As of current I have 3 custom ROMs out of ALL the Sense ROMs I can find for a VZW D INC, and the stock ROM that will show My Location as a Location and not just "Current Location" As I said in my previous post, I will get an actual location if I am in the middle of a city/town but if I am outside of town like when I am at home all I get is "Current Location". I have tried every single imaginable thing on my end. All location services in every combo possible,Allow Mock Locations & Not allow Mock locations, every combo possible. I have also tried Multiple Kernels with these multiple combinations of location services and mock location allow and not allow. All in all I would say over 100+ scenarios/flashes. Now with NilsP Business Sense Desire Z I will start getting the "Current Location" bug at home after a day or so of running the ROM with stock HTC kernel, but if I flash a Ziggy Kernel I get the correct location back. At first I did not believe kernel was an issue, but after seeing this with NilsP build I started testing ALL Sense ROMS with multiple kernels but it has not made a difference with any of the others........including this ROM which I love. I am just a tad OCD so I can't handle it saying "Current Location" but now almost every ROM I try does........so I am asking for Dev help.

This issue starts right off the boot, I get it as soon as it loads before I ever add an app or anything. I have also tried not doing the set up and skipping through it all as well as completing it fully both in combo with all the other combos.......I have literally flashed this DInc so many times just trying different things that I honestly can say its been well over 100 times.......Oh well I keep trying......
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

have you performed the network mod that is done for supposed clearer calls? when i find the link to itt i will post

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development