PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Inc Root!! 9-19-10 update: Full root even with Froyo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraves View Post
I have tried running this several times. when it get to the point where it says "waiting for root".... it just hangs and never completes. has anyone else had this issue? any way around it?
If your following the instructions to the letter, one thing you can try is to unplug any other USB item on your computer. Some people thing the USB ports can interfere with the root process.

Another thing to try is just using a different computer. My laptop wouldn't work to root my Inc, but when I tried it on a PC I had root in a flash!

Old 12-02-2010, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Small update, for those who got stuck with the November OTA. Was lucky to be on #unrevokedtest at the right time and got to test the newest version. Went from a stock Froyo with the November update to full root privilege as well as S-off in about 7 minutes.

Just before myself, another person stated success as well. So I would have to assume the testing is all but finished which leaves final builds and packaging to place on their servers..

So somewhat good news.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I haven't heard many people asking about the new update (in here), but I have been keeping track, and the new root app could be released at any time now!!

I will update here as soon as I see it, but last I heard they were finalizing a couple tweaks and getting it ready for the masses!!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I haven't heard many people asking about the new update (in here), but I have been keeping track, and the new root app could be released at any time now!!

I will update here as soon as I see it, but last I heard they were finalizing a couple tweaks and getting it ready for the masses!!
LOL....no sooner do I mention it than it is released!!!!

Version 3.22 WITH the ability to root even after the November 2010 update has been released!!!!!

OP updated with links!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: Inc Root!! 12-2-2010 update: v3.22 will root after Nov. update!!

Ok hear me out !! i dont have the incredibile , my girls dad does. i have the evo. So, i was wondering does 3.2.2 still work as of 2day ?? because he is coming over 2night n i wanted to root his device while he was here !! thanks
Old 12-23-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Inc Root!! 12-2-2010 update: v3.22 will root after Nov. update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
Ok hear me out !! i dont have the incredibile , my girls dad does. i have the evo. So, i was wondering does 3.2.2 still work as of 2day ?? because he is coming over 2night n i wanted to root his device while he was here !! thanks
Yes, it does work. He could even be taking it out of the box new with the most current updated software and it will be able to be rooted.

(opps....just noticed you actually posted this last night....hope everything went smoothly for you)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development