PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Root root root!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOnTaGoUs View Post
I was just wondering, as when 2.2 comes out you can tether and verizon might not like that?
verizon gave away free hot spot on their webos phones so they may look away from charging on the incedible. of course this is their current flagship it seems so perhaps not. ah well root will make it irrelevant for me!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
Very nice find! I can't wait to get this on the Incredible!

If its included with an OTA update, Verizon cant do a flipping thing about it especially if its included in the OS. I say if you pay for the data, and you have a 5GB cap (even though they say you have unlimited) you should be made allowed to use that data however you wish!

Engadget did a test on the AT&T network and it worked flawlessly, it connected just like the built in Wifi router app windows mobile has on HTC devices.

like another poster said before in another thread, there are two user names your account is recognized as when your using your account on the network for Verizon, one of them is recognized as you using your phone, one of them is recognized using it as an enhanced service, being VZaccess manager. As long as the phone says to the network your using your phone as normal, it shouldn't be a problem.

but i guess we'll find out in the next few weeks when we get the update
i can't wait to try out the OTA file/music streaming, that will be nice for in the car (when the TV out cables become available!!!!! come on verizon!!!)
Awesome news thanks, I cant wait to, i just remember the troubles we all had with our i910's and verizon releasing updates lol, Hope they are quicker at it this time :0
Old 05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you will just not today like nexus users. You will see it in the next couple of weeks.

http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/n...ta-update.html
Dang....I would have been happy if I got it by the end of the year!!! Best post of the day nomination from me!!! Thanks for the post (yes, thanks was given as well LOL)!!!!

Quote:
I was just wondering, as when 2.2 comes out you can tether and verizon might not like that?
The Pre had tethering as well, and they didn't care or charge extra, so like NCX Designs mentioned, as long as you don't go over the limit you already pay for you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
verizon gave away free hot spot on their webos phones so they may look away from charging on the incedible. of course this is their current flagship it seems so perhaps not. ah well root will make it irrelevant for me!
I think we are same from charges for tethering, and as you sat rooting may change that if they did (them doing it is a long-shot in my book), but rooting may be a moot point after Froyo!!!!

Quote:
Awesome news thanks, I cant wait to, i just remember the troubles we all had with our i910's and verizon releasing updates lol, Hope they are quicker at it this time :0
I went through that as well....'nuff said!!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just had a thought, maybe we will get it quicker this time, i mean this is the first verizon phone that doesnt have there software pre-installed and the evo has htc sence ui as well, and they getting it asap. so woo hoo, maybe we will get it within a month would be awesome...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Tether in Froyo will be up to carriers.

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/20/not-...f-the-carrier/

Also, according to the link p-slim posted Nexus One users will not be getting Froyo today but sometime in the coming weeks.

Word on Nexus One Froyo straight from Google: http://twitter.com/googleio/status/14386166904

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

Last edited by blazingwolf; 05-20-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Tether in Froyo will be up to carriers.

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/20/not-...f-the-carrier/

Also, according to the link p-slim posted Nexus One users will not be getting Froyo today but sometime in the coming weeks.

Word on Nexus One Froyo straight from Google: http://twitter.com/googleio/status/14386166904

Yes this is what i was worried about so i guess now we defo need root...?

Last edited by cOnTaGoUs; 05-20-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Yes this is what i was worried about so i guess now we defo need route...?
I can't imagine VZW giving this to us for free. They nickle and dime for everything else. I could be wrong though. So, yeah, root will be the only way.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
I can't imagine VZW giving this to us for free. They nickle and dime for everything else. I could be wrong though. So, yeah, root will be the only way.
Sadface
Old 05-20-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I would think we will be OK with the tethering. It isn't like VZW hasn't already released phones that include wi-fi tethering already. True with VZW you can never tell, but I have a feeling this will be activated without additional charge. (crossing fingers)
Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I would think we will be OK with the tethering. It isn't like VZW hasn't already released phones that include wi-fi tethering already. True with VZW you can never tell, but I have a feeling this will be activated without additional charge. (crossing fingers)
The Droid Incredible already includes USB tethering without any extra charge and when Verizon first introduced the Pre Plus, they charged for Wifi Hotspot eventhough it was built in, but later made it free.

AT&T apparently already released a statement about 2.2 that says they will charge $10 for the hotspot feature.

I'm reading mixed reports of the Incredible getting 2.2 in the next few weeks vs sometime later this year in the second half.

HTC apparently released a statement about popular android HTC devices including the Incredible saying:

Quote:
Here's the official word:
[...] if your phone was launched this year, we will most likely offer an upgrade for it to the Froyo version. This includes popular models like the Desire and Droid Incredible as well as hotly anticipated phones like the Evo 4G, MyTouch slide and upcoming models. We will announce a full list of phones and dates once we are closer to launching the upgrades. We are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on Froyo. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can't be more specific yet.

http://www.androidcentral.com/most-2...get-froyo-2010

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible > CDMA HTC Incredible Development