PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

bigfloppydb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 05/18/10 | Fresh Toast v2.1 | BFS + Overclock + EXT4 | Newest RUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee976 View Post
I take no credit for this, i found it on xda, thank avalaunch

it worked wonders for me

heres some help to get the most out of this rom. this is what i do and it makes this rom flyyyy.

1. use autokiller. i know everyone is still in mad about the location issue but idc at all. ill tell you where im at all the time haa. but i set auto killer to strict. 60 mbs free and nothing ever closes early.

2. use taskiller. although i know everyone says task killers are bad, you only need it for one thing.

3. use setcpu. now here comes the important part. to get the best stepping that i have found with both the oc widget and setcpu. when you start the rom, slide the min slider all the way up and down. now set MAX to 729600 and MIN to 245760. now touch the screen and it steps up to 729 perfectly. any higher it will stay at 480 99% of the time. even while sleeping. i get an entire day with this setting under heavy usage.

4. on boot kill all tasks. go into PEEP and disable auto update. this fixed the com.htc.bg issue for me. and this is important to stop lag.

5. with all this i CANT get the rom to lag. i did test this on this rom. i use my own rom based on zens slide. but these settings, apps, work perfect on anyrom with this kernel.

hope this helps!
Followed this and it seems to be lag free... I'll give a follow up at the end of the day.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wireless Tether is freezing my phone upon shutting down the App...Any idea of what I can do?I use this feature a lot.

HTC EVO 4G
Old 05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
Wireless Tether is freezing my phone upon shutting down the App...Any idea of what I can do?I use this feature a lot.
Happened to me too. No solution that I know of...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Lurker

bigfloppydb is a n00b

Well, I still run into the problem of the phone app crashing with the overclocked rom, so I will be lowering the clock speeds to see if that helps. Hopefully it will determine if it is the overclocking or the other mods.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee976 View Post
I take no credit for this, i found it on xda, thank avalaunch

it worked wonders for me

heres some help to get the most out of this rom. this is what i do and it makes this rom flyyyy.

1. use autokiller. i know everyone is still in mad about the location issue but idc at all. ill tell you where im at all the time haa. but i set auto killer to strict. 60 mbs free and nothing ever closes early.

2. use taskiller. although i know everyone says task killers are bad, you only need it for one thing.

3. use setcpu. now here comes the important part. to get the best stepping that i have found with both the oc widget and setcpu. when you start the rom, slide the min slider all the way up and down. now set MAX to 729600 and MIN to 245760. now touch the screen and it steps up to 729 perfectly. any higher it will stay at 480 99% of the time. even while sleeping. i get an entire day with this setting under heavy usage.

4. on boot kill all tasks. go into PEEP and disable auto update. this fixed the com.htc.bg issue for me. and this is important to stop lag.

5. with all this i CANT get the rom to lag. i did test this on this rom. i use my own rom based on zens slide. but these settings, apps, work perfect on anyrom with this kernel.

hope this helps!
What is the one thing you use taskiller for?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

slapmedia is becoming a great contributor

I have an emergency. My phone keeps shutting down and apps keep force closing. When I try to enter root (volume down, home and power) it only gives me the selection to "clear strage and all user data" but doesn't let me select yes or no? Is this a new root? Please help!

Now using the HTC Hero (Android)

Old 05-21-2010, 03:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmedia View Post
I have an emergency. My phone keeps shutting down and apps keep force closing. When I try to enter root (volume down, home and power) it only gives me the selection to "clear strage and all user data" but doesn't let me select yes or no? Is this a new root? Please help!
It sounds like you are not rooted. Although, I always get to RA by holding down home, and pressing power. See if that makes a difference.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

I wiped my Hero and flashed this rom, but it keeps freezing and restarting after like 1 minute....

I wiped again and flashed....but it still restarts....
Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (w/ FreshToast2.1)

BrettChaotix is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BrettChaotix

Running for about 12 hours with no problems. I'm using wireless tether to connect my laptop to send this I'm using OCWig @ 246/691. So far I don't have any problems but no (major) gains compared to v2.0 but its still a fantastic rom

Oh, and I also updated the radio with no problems.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Lurker

bigfloppydb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
I wiped my Hero and flashed this rom, but it keeps freezing and restarting after like 1 minute....

I wiped again and flashed....but it still restarts....
Any time I wipe to factory settings, I wipe my cache, and repartition my sd card (after backup of course). I don't know if I need to, but having had your same problem one time, doing this fixed it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development