PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up GUMBO 1.5c FINAL

Somebody asked me about this since I have replaced the original thread witht he 2.1, so here it is again, just in case you need a fast and close to perfect working ROM.

Original Thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...html#post41536

[CDMA HERO ROM] Gumbo ROM 1.5c

Core ROM
Gumbo ROM 1.5c FULL
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Gumbo-1.5c-signed.zip
This ROM has everything the stock ROM has. All HTC apps and widgets, all Sprint software. The apk files have been taken from the RUU, zipaligned and left as-is. Any and all themes designed for the Sprint Hero should flash right over without issue. The most asked for feature was plain SenseUI and let the user download themes of their liking.

Gumbo ROM 1.5c BARE
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Gumbo-1.5c-BARE-signed.zip
This ROM has the bare components of SenseUI. It is basically vanilla plus the following:
HTC keyboard+dictionary+calibration app
HTC settings
HTC dialer
HTC people app
HTC calendar
HTC Social Networking
It has no SenseUI look and feel, 3 homescreens and the Cupcake launcher. People asked for this, so I did my best to deliver.

Both of these are using the new kernel and ramhack with settings designed to give the best balance. Setcpu or the User defined settings pack below is highly recommended, but not mandatory.

Individual components
Addon package
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Gumbo-addons-signed.zip
This ROM contains the following:
Mount USB app for one click USB mount/unmount
Carmode - when active all incoming calls are answered by speakerphone
Quickboot - reboot normally or into recovery with this app
Smooth Calendar Widget - an alternative to the HTC Calendar widget that shows more than one entry.
Cube Launcher app from Samsung - a cool 3d cube media launcher
These applications will be installed into the /system partition to save space for other applications. They will not be updatable from the Market, but it saves app space and makes sure you have a working version for Gumbo 1.5c

SenseUI package
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Gumbo-Sense-signed.zip
This is Full SenseUI to install on Gumbo-1.5c-BARE should you have the need. This is stock look and feel, completely themeable

Sprint addons
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Gumbo-Sprint-signed.zip
All Sprint applications to flash over Gumbo-Bare should you have the need.

User defined CPU settings
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Gumbo-userconfig-signed.zip
This is for those that would rather not use setcpu, but would like to change their CPU and RAM parameters, Flash this over Gumbo 1.5c and pull the /system/init.d/gumbo.sh file to edit. The file is well commented and easy to understand how to edit.

Dropbear was removed from Gumbo. If enough people need it back, I can build a stand alone update for it. This was done to save space, as not many people who were asked were using Dropbear.

Apps2SD is still enabled and working as before,

This version includes the latest Gumbo kernel and RAM hacks. By default they are set to a balanced mix of speed, stability and battery life using settings reported to work the best by testers. Should you want to change these settings, install setcpu or the User defined CPU settings addon above, or use the echo command to change the parameters yourself.

Enjoy, and please ask if you need any clarification.

Why call it Gumbo?
People keep asking, so I'll answer here. Gumbo is a type of stew (a delicious type) that can be made with any leftovers or any type of meat and veggies. Hell, I've had rattlesnake gumbo and it was delicious. HTC/Google/Sprint basically took a mix of 1.5/1.6 and whatever else they had laying around to get Android to run on a CDMA radio. Combine a mix of everything with Google's food naming obsession, and Gumbo was the result.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development