PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
[CDMA KERNEL ROM]Gumbo Kernel beta project + RAM hack

Kernel Rom From Gbhill Makes your current Rom Fly. Also be sure to download the SetCpu from Coolbho3000 which you can get from here http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu/

Just install as update file on your current rom from the boot loader screen. for advanced users you already know to ADB it so no need to go further

People asked why I don't have dev threads here, so here's one. I'm friendly, just try to read the dev chatter and tweak stuff.

Quick and dirty version of a kernel 100% working with setcpu for throttling. No overclock yet.

Also has MemKiller configured fairly aggressively.
More info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622666
or full details:
http://developer.android.com/index.h...&utm_medium=ha

Download
http://www.4shared.com/file/21179503...31-signed.html
http://brandsaturate.com/android/GK-031-signed.zip
http://biggz.dontexist.com:14725/ROM....31-signed.zip

Built using MCR 2.x inits (for dirty hack of ram managment changes, plan to build universal init to work for all popular ROMs).
Kernel built with debugging and HTC performance lock stripped for full wake ramp up support. i.e. works 100% with setcpu.
No compcache, as I think there may be issues with our kernel and compcache as is, and I think the performance lock may have been causing it. Only fight one bug at a time.

If you need a great how to thread to get started building a kernel there's one here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=622916
This kernel is in update.zip format, flash like any ROM.
Work's 100% with Gumbo ROM and MCR 2.x provided MoDaCo custom kernel was not flashed.
Expected to work with stock.
Would love a FRESH ROM tester to try, so any bugs and source can get to flipz for his kernel project, as well as my init in this project.

Usual applies. Be sure to backup. Wipe may be needed, YMMV. Myself and several other testers have went through all dev versions with no wipe, as well as a final wipe and reflash and saw no difference.

Credit to coolbho3000 here on xda for advice with HTC throttling. He's also the dev of SetCPU and his app is indispensable with this kernel IMO. Best buck I've spent at the Market for the donate version.

Let's roll our own community kernel.
SOURCE CODE FOR KERNEL AND ROM
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [CDMA KERNEL ROM]Gumbo Kernel beta project + RAM hack

Whats the difference between this and the kernel esoteric1311 released in his rom thread?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Whats the difference between this and the kernel esoteric1311 released in his rom thread?
This is actually a 1.5 Kernel like the sprints kernel they cant seem to get right. Well he tweaked it and built it for speed and memory boost. It also has a battery save option as well. I will tell you this thing flies. Its based of some great work from Devs which he mentioned.The Rom esoteric1311 posted is from this same Dev. You install this on top of his rom or any other rom I.E Fresh , Modaco , ETC

Last edited by athlet1c; 01-31-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

If u havw installed the othere can we unstal over it with this .? Or should we wipe and start over ?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

you can just flash this right on top of the other and trust me its worth it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

If u havw installed the othere can we unstal over it with this .? Or should we wipe and start over ?
Just install as update Zip or ADB
Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Wirelessly posted (HTC Hero: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Hell yeah, this is justice in a zip file.

I'm kinda scared to set SetCPU to run upon boot though. Anyone try it?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Any specific setting that should be preferred?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

This should give you an idea on what to do , but also this post explains it as well .This is what GBhil stated

Set your sliders to 480 max 245 min
select performance and refresh, cpu speed should be 480
select powersave or msm7k and refresh, cpu speed should be 245 (ewww) lol
Select ondemand and refresh, cpu should be 480. It will ramp down to 245 when sleeping, and now it will ramp back to 480 when you wake it up.

I've been using ondemand @528 max 245 min, without tweaking the ondemand parameters in setcpu. It's nice to finally have a working way to scale the cpu to your own prefs.

Hope This helps
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & EVO 4G

stylz3 is keeping up the good workstylz3 is keeping up the good work

The file I downloaded from from Coolbho3000 is not signed. can someone sign this and post it for all to use.

"My next move be my best move"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development