PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DARCHSTAR has 2.1 rom working almost perfect

Jovera, it's for the CDMA (aka Sprint) Hero only
Old 02-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what's the MT browser ? also why are some icons 2.1 and others are that of the samsung moment theme ?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
what's the MT browser ? also why are some icons 2.1 and others are that of the samsung moment theme ?
MT = Multi Touch

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Your Prob going to need this its the most recent update. This changes with the wind as its in developement

Hey guys, I'm been trying to port Aosp 2.1 onto our heroes too. I've got most the stuff to work, minus sensors and camera. This is strictly aosp so it doesn't come with googlebits. If someone wants to tag along and help, that'd be great.

I have to give credit to jnwhiteh over at the modaco board for giving me a platform on which to work on, gbhil for the kernel. maejrep toast flipz quietcblongs and gang who work on the 2.1 sense build and aosp for getting a lot of the functions such as data and radio and sensors to work. Without all these devs, this would have never been possible

What works
Making calls
3G
Wifi
Network location (both cell and wifi)
Trackball
Market including ALL applications
Accelerometer
Lights
GPS
Bluetooth (minus audio during calls)
Voice transcription option on keyboard

What doesn't work:
Camera
MMS
Live Wallpapers are being shit with the new openGL
Bluetooth audio during call doesn't work

*Quirks*
Launcher2 does not render properly due to missing mdpi graphics and flexible layout (the 3d rollout effect)
Gallery3D graphics get 'messed up' slightly if you switch orientation. Either one works.. just switching messes it up.

To get a2sd to work first copy this into /system/bin and give it executable permissions. http://www.4shared.com/file/22713772...9b/e2fsck.html
then:
Code:
adb shell remount
adb push e2fsck /system/bin
adb shell
cd /system/bin
chmod a+x e2fsck
a2sd
reboot
This in no way is a polished release, if thats what you're expecting. I can't guarantee you won't run into any problems!, on a lighter note, have fun with this

4shared mirror Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/22705367...mod-darch.html
Google Shits (not needed anymore): http://www.4shared.com/file/21738511...ogleStuff.html
Kernel without openGL, but with LWP's: http://www.4shared.com/file/22631520...st-signed.html

ChangeLog
Current -Based on Cyanogen Framework, OpenGL ES Lite is added for improved 3d gfx, no more live wallpapers due to it depending on openGL ES 1.1
v3 - Multitouch is added, wifi
v2.5 - sensors work
v2 - radio, BT, gps, and sms now work
v1- it boots! that is all

Last edited by darchstar; Yesterday at 11:27 PM..
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: android
Carrier: sprint

halcyon22 is a n00b

will be following this thread, my buddy showed off 2.1 on his eris this morning. keep up the good work!

cheers!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development