PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

duffguy123 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [7-29-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3b][2.3.5 beta]

@Bandit8623 if you take it in to the sprint store, I would unroot just to be safe, but hey, I'm risk averse

@amw1972 Also, I would go with the SGS2 over htc kingdom just cause I've felt the SGS1 and it is so freaking lite. HTC > Samsung's interface but I heard TouchWiz is not that bad this time around. Also, HTC is usually more root friendly, or so I hear.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

joshdaballer21 is a n00b

Just to let everyone know that cares...lol I took my phone to the sprint store after trying everything possible to fix the issue, i wish i had a direct line to "Deck" lol but i'm getting it replaced friday because evo is on backorder , but i'm scared that with the replacement evo if the firmware is going to be unrootable, does ne one know, i had trouble with rooting the evo last time, and now i don't have a windows pc, moved to mac but if ne one can help me when my replacement comes in i would greatly appreciate it , so i can get back to flashing asap and hopefully deck will be out with a new rom too
Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc 10
Carrier: Tmobile

Bandit8623 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

my buddy replaced his. he got the white back evo. currently it is unrootable. a fix im told is coming though. u may have to wait but u will be able to root it.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

joshdaballer21 is a n00b

well i'll be on the look out but i get on this site a lot, so let me know, pm me or something if your find out if they came out with something...thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdaballer21 View Post
Just to let everyone know that cares...lol I took my phone to the sprint store after trying everything possible to fix the issue, i wish i had a direct line to "Deck" lol but i'm getting it replaced friday because evo is on backorder , but i'm scared that with the replacement evo if the firmware is going to be unrootable, does ne one know, i had trouble with rooting the evo last time, and now i don't have a windows pc, moved to mac but if ne one can help me when my replacement comes in i would greatly appreciate it , so i can get back to flashing asap and hopefully deck will be out with a new rom too
irc channel #dev-host on freenode is the direct line.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 1

big-o-devil is a n00b
Re: [8-10-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3b2][2.3.5 beta]

YAY!! a update....
Old 08-14-2011, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Could someone post the 'DOINK' sound file? I've changed roms and I really miss that sound for text messages.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

No need to upload the DOINK sound file. After having some issues with a different ROM, I flashed the latest version of this one and got the file myself.

However ... I got a weird issue I noticed today. I use a BT ear piece while I work. I noticed that after my first phone call (incoming or outgoing), all sound ceases to function until I reboot. Then it does the same after the next call. I get no sound at all from the EVO speakers even if the BT is turned off. The BT still works and I can use it to make/receive calls, but the phone will no longer utter a sound until I've rebooted.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I thought I'd mention it.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:40 PM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [8-20-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3d][2.3.5 beta]

1.3d now released. Please refer to OP for more information.

*Official thread and ALL Downloads*
*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

-deck

FREE file hosting. UNLIMITED bandwidth. NO wait times. YES, 0 wait times. UNLIMITED downloads.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: [8-20-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3d][2.3.5 beta]

Deck
Is there a changelog for the 1.3 series ROM? The changelog in the OP doesn't have it in there.
Thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development