PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 8/22/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
The new kernel made this phone go from fast to blazing fast. I did not tweak the processor at all. I really see a huge difference in scrolling smoothness and overall snappiness.
Thanks Chris. going to try this out tonight!

edit: tried flashing but error. E:missing file: system/app/Sprint_TV.apk, then e:verification failed. could be a bad download though. I downloaded. SL Froyo Netarch 8.22.10. without radio

Last edited by Riley; 08-26-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] 8/22/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

Trying "NETARCHY/TOASTMOD 4.1.8 CFS KERNEL VERSIONS" now... keep getting the PRL error. I'll try downloading from the PC instead of my cell when I get home.

EDIT: Ok I don't know how or why but when I did the update according to page 1 post 1 the phone had the sprint stock bright colorful wallpaper when I got done, the Netarchy 4.1.8 was there too but I could NOT update the PRL. I downloaded Clockwork Rom Manager and did an install from SD card and then it worked but had a darker carbon wallpaper and the PRL updates with Netarchy 4.1.8 BUT there is no voice mail or Wireless Tether app... no problem cause I have both APK's but any ideas why and which should it look like after I do the rom update the light or the darker screen?

Last edited by KDmospd; 08-27-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

raziel is just getting started

Using the NETARCHY/TOASTMOD 4.1.8 CFS version of this ROM. I had the Google Talk errors, Market Place errors, etc. I just did a master reset and haven't had a problem since. This is a great ROM and I'm loving it. Made my experience using the Evo a lot better.

Nice Work!

visit louie tran spot! a blog for geeks by a geek
Old 08-27-2010, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I will be adding some new releases tonight guys. FYI I pulled the links for the all in one version for a few hours as I will be updating those as well. I will have to revert the all-in-one updates back to the apps in system memory (non-removable), however the regular .zip update will still have uninstallable apps. =D>

Updates are going to include application update for Sprint TV as well as an update to the background image contained in Wireless Tether. (I used a higher quality version of the image than what was built into the application)

By default, the Sprint Lover's ROM will also contain the Netarchy-Toastmod CFS kernel built in. I will provide a link to the original HTC stock Froyo kernel as well for those who wish to flash back but after a week of using the netarchy kernel I am extremely impressed by it.

Check back in a few hours guys

Last edited by chris1683; 08-27-2010 at 07:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] 8/27/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

ROM updates posted. See changelog at the bottom of first post for further information. Enjoy guys!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Thanks Chris. going to try this out tonight!

edit: tried flashing but error. E:missing file: system/app/Sprint_TV.apk, then e:verification failed. could be a bad download though. I downloaded. SL Froyo Netarch 8.22.10. without radio
weird, just got the same error again flashing the latest one? do you think I should try the all in one even though my radio and wimax are updated? thanks.

edit: tried again after flashing rooted stock, no dice. then flashed all in one and it looks like it worked. will test her out tonight. thanks Chris.

voicemail error is popping up. tried to leave myself a vmail and it didnt work.

update: vmail works again this morning. thanks

Last edited by Riley; 08-28-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM] 8/27/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | FROYO | Offical 3.26.651.6| Radio/Wimax 4G All-In

all it does is go round and round with checking the rom.

it fails to load the rom

all in one rom being used
Old 08-28-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
all it does is go round and round with checking the rom.

it fails to load the rom

all in one rom being used
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
weird, just got the same error again flashing the latest one? do you think I should try the all in one even though my radio and wimax are updated? thanks.

edit: tried again after flashing rooted stock, no dice. then flashed all in one and it looks like it worked. will test her out tonight. thanks Chris.

voicemail error is popping up. tried to leave myself a vmail and it didnt work.

update: vmail works again this morning. thanks
Okay, first I can say that I downloaded both roms and loaded everything up without a problem. I am not sure what method you guys used to root your phones but can say that I have rooted using Toast's method linked in the top of my first post. I recommend this method if you havent rooted that way. Secondly, the voicemail generally takes a minute or two to provision itself after installing a new rom. It is a common thing to get the error for voicemail when first booting up the phone from a new flash and this error will go away after a few minutes once the phone registers on the network.

** I also tested the voicemail app just to make sure and left myself a voicemail and all worked perfectly as it should**

Once again guys, I cannot offer help for every single problem or scenario as not everyone roots their phone the same and I have no way of knowing what recovery versions you guys are using, etc. I can say that if you follow the path I have paved in the thread (with rooting and flashing) you should be fine. If you do run into a problem, give it a few minutes to see if it fixes itself and/or try rebooting/reflashing. If the error persists then please report it.

I try to keep you guys as up to date as possible and test everything before I upload and also download what I post and then install it again. If something fails, try redownloading it and installing as free web hosting sites (i.e. mediafire, 4shared, megaupload) all are free and are sometimes prone to breaking a file.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Okay, first I can say that I downloaded both roms and loaded everything up without a problem. I am not sure what method you guys used to root your phones but can say that I have rooted using Toast's method linked in the top of my first post. I recommend this method if you havent rooted that way. Secondly, the voicemail generally takes a minute or two to provision itself after installing a new rom. It is a common thing to get the error for voicemail when first booting up the phone from a new flash and this error will go away after a few minutes once the phone registers on the network.

** I also tested the voicemail app just to make sure and left myself a voicemail and all worked perfectly as it should**

Once again guys, I cannot offer help for every single problem or scenario as not everyone roots their phone the same and I have no way of knowing what recovery versions you guys are using, etc. I can say that if you follow the path I have paved in the thread (with rooting and flashing) you should be fine. If you do run into a problem, give it a few minutes to see if it fixes itself and/or try rebooting/reflashing. If the error persists then please report it.

I try to keep you guys as up to date as possible and test everything before I upload and also download what I post and then install it again. If something fails, try redownloading it and installing as free web hosting sites (i.e. mediafire, 4shared, megaupload) all are free and are sometimes prone to breaking a file.
there was a problem last night with vmail on multiple roms, its working fine now for me. I am rooted the same way you are, part1 and 2. Not sure why standalone isnt working for me. No problem, all in one did work fine.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor

Chris nice work!
I'm having a problem with GPS and the Music app. (I haven't d/l'ed the newest rom you put out yet) For some reason when ever I try to run the GPS function and the Music app at the same time the GPS fails. I have tried it with a few different apps (sporty-pal, cardio trainer, GPS status)
Both worked perfectly in 2.1... do you have any ideas that I might be able to look into?
Thanks for the help!

(I did root the phone per your instructions on pg 1 a long time ago)

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 08-28-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Add

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development