PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo
Talking Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
I did it the last one and it worked but going form 2.2 to 2.3 I am not sure.. I was hoping someone had tried it...
If you want to be 100% sure of a good working ROM. Then clean everything. Do a backup using mybackup root , do a restore and good to go.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by djelmonstruo View Post
If you want to be 100% sure of a good working ROM. Then clean everything. Do a backup using mybackup root , do a restore and good to go.
It appears it doesnt work correctly.. I just tried to install the UPDATE over top of SL 2.2 and now I have the green circle of arrows with the down arrow in the middle and then it boots me to recovery. I am restoring the nandroid backup I made and going to try one more time. any ideas why this would happen??

Also it appears I need to toggle signature verification to get it to even install... is this normal?

Last edited by djqwikcut; 08-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Almost a VIP

Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

One more question - I only installed the UPDATE file and got it working BUT now, I cant get on the network at all. cant update PROFILE or PRL. do I need to flash the updated radios etc since I was on 2.2 before??

Update: Couldnt install the update radios it said NO MORE SPACE LEFT and then it crashed my phone and I get the green circles and back to recovery again...

Last edited by djqwikcut; 08-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Almost a VIP

I think I will stay at 2.2 for now.. I have too much set up and use this phone too much for work to play with getting 2.3 working. I hope there is someone in this forum that has done a 2.2 SL to 2.3 SL upgrade without wiping the phone and can chime in..

Thanks....
Old 08-18-2011, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started

Has anyone tried a new kernel with this?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
One more question - I only installed the UPDATE file and got it working BUT now, I cant get on the network at all. cant update PROFILE or PRL. do I need to flash the updated radios etc since I was on 2.2 before??

Update: Couldnt install the update radios it said NO MORE SPACE LEFT and then it crashed my phone and I get the green circles and back to recovery again...
Sounds like you didn't wipe, and just get the all in one install and you should be good. But remember to at least wipe cash and dvalk

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO

CtDMonet is a n00b

I recently switched to Sprint Lovers form OMJ, as he bolted to the 3D, and I really like it. There is one thing I miss, however. OMJ has a different pull down menu -- it has the current notifications and settings (not just notifications). Is there a fix to put the different pull down?

Also, I'm on the swype beta trial, and have to uninstall swype every time I reflash, to put the current beta on it. It really is a pain, as it seems to be uninstallable, and I have to go root and start deleting things (which really makes me nervous). Any way you can have a swypeless version? Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP

Just installed the 2.3.3 ROM. thanks! one question. Why does this rom not have the new sense that is on my wifes 2.3.4 EVO shift??
Old 10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Just installed the 2.3.3 ROM. thanks! one question. Why does this rom not have the new sense that is on my wifes 2.3.4 EVO shift??
For whatever reason, Sprint and/or HTC did not include Sense 2.1 with the new Gingerbread 2.3 OTA. BUT you can flash a HTC Speedy ROM port (HTC Shift) on your EVO and it will be like your wife's Shift. Also you can go above and beyond that by flashing a Sense 3.0 ROM such as MikG or Synergy Rom. There's also hybrid Roms that have a good mixture of features from both sense 2.0 and 3.0.

You will really love MikG or Synergy Roms. There's also "Sprint Lover's" icon themes you can flash for these Roms if you want. I'm currently running MikG. But to let everybody know, I have and always will be. Sprint Lover Rom fan because Chris was the first person to keep a clean stock feeling rom and thats what I always favor. Chris throws in the most popular tweaks/mods but keeps the look and feel stock. Go shop around and try out the Roms I mentioned and see what you think.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
For whatever reason, Sprint and/or HTC did not include Sense 2.1 with the new Gingerbread 2.3 OTA. BUT you can flash a HTC Speedy ROM port (HTC Shift) on your EVO and it will be like your wife's Shift. Also you can go above and beyond that by flashing a Sense 3.0 ROM such as MikG or Synergy Rom. There's also hybrid Roms that have a good mixture of features from both sense 2.0 and 3.0.

You will really love MikG or Synergy Roms. There's also "Sprint Lover's" icon themes you can flash for these Roms if you want. I'm currently running MikG. But to let everybody know, I have and always will be. Sprint Lover Rom fan because Chris was the first person to keep a clean stock feeling rom and thats what I always favor. Chris throws in the most popular tweaks/mods but keeps the look and feel stock. Go shop around and try out the Roms I mentioned and see what you think.
so there is no way to just update SENSE?? I just spent time installer the latest SP 2.3.3 and dont want to start over...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development