PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhewi1025 View Post
Love the rom, but when I reboot, phone locks. Won't even get past the 4g logo. Anyone else have that problem?
This happened to me on the first reboot. I pulled the battery, went into recovery, wiped dalvik and cache and rebooted. Hasn't happened since. Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] 08/03/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.3.3 | 4.24.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

A lot of folks over at XDA were requesting colored icons so I created a flashable patch. It also includes the HTC keyboard mod (thanks calkulin)

Whomever wishes to test out the colored icon patch may do so by going HERE

Flash through the recovery menu and please post your results as I do not have my test phone!

Thanks guys.

Last edited by chris1683; 08-05-2011 at 12:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Loaded it up and hangs on wallpaper. No sense, no icons, just blank screen and task bar. No pull down menu or any response from bottom buttons or screen taps. Wiped dalvik cache, no change. Anyone having issues such as this?

Used to be so good.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonshaker View Post
Loaded it up and hangs on wallpaper. No sense, no icons, just blank screen and task bar. No pull down menu or any response from bottom buttons or screen taps. Wiped dalvik cache, no change. Anyone having issues such as this?
Question, when you first flashed the rom, did you do a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik)?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Question, when you first flashed the rom, did you do a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik)?
Yes, I did.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Yes, I did.
are you using amon recovery? it sounds to me like a bad flash. You may want to download the rom again and start over. Only issue I had was after trying to reboot the first time it hanged for me as I mentioned a few posts up. Smooth sailing ever since. Hope you get it worked out.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
are you using amon recovery? it sounds to me like a bad flash. You may want to download the rom again and start over. Only issue I had was after trying to reboot the first time it hanged for me as I mentioned a few posts up. Smooth sailing ever since. Hope you get it worked out.
I am using Clockwork. I will try to download again this evening. I just flashed back to Mik's I have been running his almost exclusively since Chris left us a while back. Was super stoked to see him back.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

Aww...Yeeea-yaaahhh!
Thanks Chris! Big fan since the TP2 days.
Thanks for not jumping ship completely! lol
Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

Quote:
I am using Clockwork. I will try to download again this evening. I just flashed back to Mik's I have been running his almost exclusively since Chris left us a while back. Was super stoked to see him back.
There are a couple of good wipe utilities for the EVO.
I use the VR Super Wipe
And I recommend the Amon_Ra Recovery.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wxforecaster is a n00b

Not sure how to explain this, but holding the power off button and selecting power off doesn't seem to perform this action. Rather it seems to put it in a "sleep mode". I went to install the toolbar icon update and selected Power Off with the intention of Power + Vol Down booting to get into Recovery.

However, after selecting Power Off and waiting for the phone to Power Off, the Power + Vol Down instead instead booted the phone back into HTC Sense in like 2 seconds (meaning it really was never powered off).

Anyone else see this behavior?

Evan

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development