PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Just started having this issue where the 4G will turn itself on.. for instance, I will reboot the phone and see a notification that 4G is on and its searching. I didnt turn it on. its off in the settings, the widget shows its off and so does the icon on the notification bar where you can turn it on and off. HOWEVER, this morning, it was off but the icon in the notification bar that you can click on showed it was on when it was not.. what can I do to resolve this??
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
were is the new ginger from sprint can you post link ??
I've been running OMJ's rom for a few days now and I'm really feeling it... give it a shot.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Almost a VIP

I would love to be able to UPGRADE to gingerbread rather then have to wipe.. if sprint can send us an OTA that upgrades for a regular phone, I am sure someone can work on an upgrade for this rom. I know this rom is no longer supported BUT I dont want to start all over with my phone...
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dcharleyultra is just getting started
I think any GB ROM will require a full wipe.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
I think any GB ROM will require a full wipe.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
But how can sprint push a GB update but a Rom can't?

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.

Last edited by Riley; 06-01-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Just started having this issue where the 4G will turn itself on.. for instance, I will reboot the phone and see a notification that 4G is on and its searching. I didnt turn it on. its off in the settings, the widget shows its off and so does the icon on the notification bar where you can turn it on and off. HOWEVER, this morning, it was off but the icon in the notification bar that you can click on showed it was on when it was not.. what can I do to resolve this??
I've had this happen on many roms and usually has to do with using the 4g icon in the dropdown notification area. I am not sure if Sprint Lovers has this but the only way to correct it is to go into setting/wireless & networks/4g/ turn it off and then reboot. Should clear up from there. I dont use the dropdown 4g toggle for this reason. Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
But how can sprint push a GB update but a Rom can't?

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.
because Sprint makes a shipped rom update that is compatible. Rooted versions of the shipped rom will change it (removing/adding apps, deodexed versions for theming and this will cause issues. Unfortunately with major updates you will need to do a full wipe. But as you know there are many apps that allow you to backup.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
because Sprint makes a shipped rom update that is compatible. Rooted versions of the shipped rom will change it (removing/adding apps, deodexed versions for theming and this will cause issues. Unfortunately with major updates you will need to do a full wipe. But as you know there are many apps that allow you to backup.
Yes but hopefully, someone can figure out HOW to make an update similar to what sprint does.. all we really need is the core OS and whatever else is updated (sense etc). I have my phone so customized, that I dont want to erase it.. I did that last time using titanium backup pro and while it worked OK I still had a lot of things to adjust..
Old 06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Lets invoke Chris and persuade him into making a SPRINT LOVERS 2.3.3..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Lets invoke Chris and persuade him into making a SPRINT LOVERS 2.3.3..
I bet he will if we all ask really nicely

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development