PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/31/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
I know this has been asked before, but where can you enable Swype from??

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
Any text input field. Open a new text message and where you can type, long press the open field and it will open a box which says "input method" From here you can enable Swype.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] 12/31/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Chris love the rom thanks but every time i update to your latest tweaks/update i can never save my data for games.

angry birds - shooting game - basketball

i can install all my apk games no problem but the data is lost it like starting all over..

is there anyway when i update to latest rom update i can keep all the settings ???

i have titanium pro and my back up pro but no luck...

i have tried standalone and all in one but always get same result..

any suggestion's or options ??

Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SlyClone22 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
Chris love the rom thanks but every time i update to your latest tweaks/update i can never save my data for games.

i can install all my apk games no problem but the data is lost it like starting all over..

is there anyway when i update to latest rom update i can keep all the settings ???

Thanks
I use My Backup Pro and usually do a backup of the application data and restore after updating and have absolutely no issues. Make sure you are backing up the app data and not just the apk.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post

Thanks
Here's the deal, and the deal only works if you don't complain later that you have a bug with this ROM. All you have to do is wipe dalvik and system cache and leave the data cache alone. Install the stand alone and all your data and settings will be in tact. Now remember the deal, no complaining if you install this way because Chris recommends wiping everything. Now with that said, the last time I wiped everything was back never. I have faithfully installed every single rom update that Chris has put out there, always installed the stand alone version, always wiped the system and dalvik cache and never wiped the data cache and you know what, my phone has no problems and never has. I have gone from 3.26 to 3.29 to 3.30 to 3.70 and haven't had a problem. Now that's me. So remember the deal, if you don't wipe the data cache then don't complain to Chris if something doesn't work right afterwards, but you will love the fact that your phone is ready to use as soon as it boots up after an update.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
No these were two different days and two different tests. I recharged the phone to 100% after setting up everything and then rebooted it so the up time was accurate.
oh ok iwas going to say that I was on the phone thar long too and still she did not come over....lol
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
I use My Backup Pro and usually do a backup of the application data and restore after updating and have absolutely no issues. Make sure you are backing up the app data and not just the apk.

ok i think that was my problem when i use backup pro i only back up the apk only not apk-data

and in data backup i back up everything...

so the key is back up apps/data under my back up pro apps back up

thanks

will try this next time with new update..

I can also try the wipe dev method without wipe out the data

thanks guys for your input...

will report back on next update
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Nick99EXB is a n00b

Does anybody have a dowload link to the older versions? I'm looking for the 12/21/10 version. Thanks In advance.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

OK, 3rd day on Android, so I apologize for the noob question, but trying not to screw things up. Chris - always liked your TP2 rom so was excited when I saw this. Question - from my reading, sounds like I can just:

1. Download your rom file to the root of SD.
2. Backup my existing rom.
3. Run ROM Manager, hit install rom from SD and select the file.
4. Select to clear the data and the cache and off it goes.

Does that sound about right?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
OK, 3rd day on Android, so I apologize for the noob question, but trying not to screw things up. Chris - always liked your TP2 rom so was excited when I saw this. Question - from my reading, sounds like I can just:

1. Download your rom file to the root of SD.
2. Backup my existing rom.
3. Run ROM Manager, hit install rom from SD and select the file.
4. Select to clear the data and the cache and off it goes.

Does that sound about right?
Yeah you should be good to go, assuming of course that you are already rooted (unlocked) as you will need to be before doing any of the above. Glad to see you crossed over to the droid!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

treedog5 is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to post and say that i just my evo this week and flashed this rom last nite. hope i run into no issues but im sure you guys will be here for me if i do. one issue i did notice was most of the videos i pull up on youtube won't play, keep giving some type of error i forgot exactly what it said. but everything seems stock and running smooth. thanks

Last edited by treedog5; 01-08-2011 at 01:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development