PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/21/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

anyone with a working swype? what about extracting the file from the sprint lovers update file? Is there anything else I need to extract? HELP!!

Last edited by djqwikcut; 12-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP

Re: [ROM] 12/21/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

OK so I extracted the SWYPE.APK from the latest sprint lovers rom.. Installed IT.. I turn it on in LANGUAGE and KEYBOARD and then I click SWYPE SETTINGS and I get a FORCE CLOSE. what is going on. HOW do I get swype to work? HELP!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
OK so I found the latest OTA DEOXED and tried to install the SWYPE from it. I get a FORCE CLOSE.. WHAT is going on? how do I get a working copy of the latest swype with the microphone? HELP! I had one working that CAME with the this ROM but when I installed another KERNEL is broke swype.. HELP!
Quote:
OK so I extracted the SWYPE.APK from the latest sprint lovers rom.. Installed IT.. I turn it on in LANGUAGE and KEYBOARD and then I click SWYPE SETTINGS and I get a FORCE CLOSE. what is going on. HOW do I get swype to work? HELP!!!!!!
I have no idea what you are doing but swype with the microphone is built into this rom and is stock with the new 3.70 OTA. I am not sure why you would want to install a different version of it. If you are having issues, which from reading your posts you seem to have more than most people do, I would try installing the all-in-one version and then try swype. I have zero issues with the 12/21/10 version and my swype works fine.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I have no idea what you are doing but swype with the microphone is built into this rom and is stock with the new 3.70 OTA. I am not sure why you would want to install a different version of it. If you are having issues, which from reading your posts you seem to have more than most people do, I would try installing the all-in-one version and then try swype. I have zero issues with the 12/21/10 version and my swype works fine.
Im NOT running this rom.. I am running a version before that. ALL was working fine.. BUT I installed the NEW kernel for increased battery life. As SOON as I did that, SWYPE put up a message that MY BETA HAD EXPIRED. I could no longer use the program. I uninstalled and TRIED to put a new version on that came with the latest OTA and it FORCED CLOSE. then I tried the APK file from the latest SPRINT LOVERS.. same thing.

I am wondering WHY flashing a different kernel made my swype expire and HOW do I now get a version back on here that works... I am not going to the latest SPRINT LOVERS ROM at this point... just need a working swype.. currently it is UNINSTALLED off my rom...

I also see other people on here with this issue....
Old 12-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Almost a VIP

question - since I am running a few roms behind, if I install the 3.70 ROM over the the version before any of the 3.70 stuff, will I have any issues? I assume all the s-off etc stuff will be fine and I will be able to flash etc? I dont want to mess anything up?

also I am running a CUSTOM KERNEL for better battery life. If I install just the UPDATE, does that mean I dont need to re-install the KERNEL I am using or will I need to re-flash it?

Do I also need the updated baseband & wimax radios and PRI 1.90_003? I have PRI 1.77 I think.... I want to do this without erasing anything on my phone.

Thanks...

Last edited by djqwikcut; 12-21-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
question - since I am running a few roms behind, if I install the 3.70 ROM over the the version before any of the 3.70 stuff, will I have any issues? I assume all the s-off etc stuff will be fine and I will be able to flash etc? I dont want to mess anything up?

also I am running a CUSTOM KERNEL for better battery life. If I install just the UPDATE, does that mean I dont need to re-install the KERNEL I am using or will I need to re-flash it?

Do I also need the updated baseband & wimax radios and PRI 1.90_003? I have PRI 1.77 I think.... I want to do this without erasing anything on my phone.

Thanks...
First and foremost, if you are running a previous rom, issues would be expected since you are flashing a whole new framework ontop of an older framework. (This is assuming that you have installed the standalone version)

Second, any rom previous to the new 3.70.651.1 had a non-stock version of swype which is why flashing a new one ontop will not work if you uninstalled the old one. If you want to get rid of swype completely, you have to first uninstall the swype.apk, and then uninstall the libswypecore.so from within /system/lib. Then you can try installing a new version or the stock version. If this does not work I don't know what to tell you as I don't know your exact rom setup.

Third, if you installl either version of my rom, it will overwrite your current kernel with the stock one from the 3.70.651.1. You will have to reflash whatever kernel that you have now after updating.

Lastly, just read around the site for the compatibilty on using the new radios with custom kernels. I personally use the stock kernel and have no problems with it thus far. If you try something, report your findings so that others can benefit from the information.

Also, most problems people report seem to be related to people flashing the standalone update over their old roms. I have asked people several times to refrain from posting problems without first making a backup and then flashing the all-in-one (or wiping everything completely if installing the Standalone version) to see if that solves their issue (which 99.99% of the time seems to be the case)

Last edited by chris1683; 12-21-2010 at 07:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dseda86x is just getting started
I installed the all in one update as I do every time I update my roms as well as a full wipe. Swyoe will open it just wont let me swype and informs me that my beta is up. This is from the 12/16 rom. Im not too keen on updating again just for swype, but at this point, that seems like my only option

Sent from my Evo.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseda86x View Post
I installed the all in one update as I do every time I update my roms as well as a full wipe. Swyoe will open it just wont let me swype and informs me that my beta is up. This is from the 12/16 rom. Im not too keen on updating again just for swype, but at this point, that seems like my only option

Sent from my Evo.
That is what happened to me when I installed a different Kernel. I do not want to switch to the new framework just to get swype working. I have searched all over the internet and this forum, tried the suggestion of uninstalling swype and the other file in under system/lib and then tried installing a new version. Every time I install it it FORCES CLOSE on both the swype settings and the main program when you long press and select your input method.

There isnt anything special about my ROM.. ITs basically SPRINT LOVERS from before the new framework and the new KERNEL that increases battery life. HOWEVER, I have had this issue with NOT being able to install updated swype since day 1 of sprint lovers rom. Always a force close.

Is there any resolution or am I just stuck without swype? I can use Unltra Keyboard but I like swype better..

Thanks....
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
That is what happened to me when I installed a different Kernel. I do not want to switch to the new framework just to get swype working. I have searched all over the internet and this forum, tried the suggestion of uninstalling swype and the other file in under system/lib and then tried installing a new version. Every time I install it it FORCES CLOSE on both the swype settings and the main program when you long press and select your input method.

There isnt anything special about my ROM.. ITs basically SPRINT LOVERS from before the new framework and the new KERNEL that increases battery life. HOWEVER, I have had this issue with NOT being able to install updated swype since day 1 of sprint lovers rom. Always a force close.

Is there any resolution or am I just stuck without swype? I can use Unltra Keyboard but I like swype better..

Thanks....
What I don't think you are getting is that the 3.70 OTA and it's files are required to run the Swype version included in the update. If you don't flash this OTA, you don't get Swype.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
What I don't think you are getting is that the 3.70 OTA and it's files are required to run the Swype version included in the update. If you don't flash this OTA, you don't get Swype.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
NOPE... I just figured out what I needed to do.. the one IN the OTA is different the the versions floating around. YOU CANT install the one from the OTA because they made some system changes to the framework. BUT I figured out how to resolve the FORCE CLOSE issue I was having. I was able to use ROOT EXPLORE to go into the cache/Dalvik-Cache and then remove anything related to SWYPE (there was one or two files). I had already removed everything else mentioned on here (Uninstall, remove SWYPE LIB file, ETC). I then installed SWYPE.WVGA.V2.10.52.13753.APK that I had downloaded a while ago but I could never get working because it would FORCE CLOSE. Well, it NOW no longer force closes and works great...

SO I think removing the CACHE file solved the issue...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development