PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SlyClone22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey Chris and all,

I've noticed since flashing my first ROM that the storage on my SD card has been decreasing with each flash. I have been wiping everything each time. I had over 4gb on my 8gb card available and now only have just over 1gb - with nothing really added to it other than pictures taken with the camera. Any ideas??

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: [ROM] 11/14/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
Hey Chris and all,

I've noticed since flashing my first ROM that the storage on my SD card has been decreasing with each flash. I have been wiping everything each time. I had over 4gb on my 8gb card available and now only have just over 1gb - with nothing really added to it other than pictures taken with the camera. Any ideas??

Could be many things but it depends on what you do before you flash. Backups on your SD card take up some space along with the flash files that you use. I would check those items and see what you can eliminate.

Give some
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 11/14/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Hey Chris and all,

Are you using Rom Manager/ clockwork recovery? If so, did you back up your rom with it? If so, that MAY be your issues. If not at least you eliminated that option
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDmospd View Post
Are you using Rom Manager/ clockwork recovery? If so, did you back up your rom with it? If so, that MAY be your issues. If not at least you eliminated that option
I don't use ROM Manager. I do use clockwork mod recovery to flash updates with and create nandroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Could be many things but it depends on what you do before you flash. Backups on your SD card take up some space along with the flash files that you use. I would check those items and see what you can eliminate.
I generally do a nandroid after flashing a new ROM and setting up the phone to my liking. But I ALWAYS copy the nandroid backup to my laptop and delete the copy from the SD card as well as remove any/all ROM flash files afterward.

Currently, I only have one nandroid backup on the SD card.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo

yesterday i post this 2 pic about my battery life..
screenshot_1.jpgscreenshot_2.jpg
and this is today same used
screenshot_3.jpgscreenshot_4.jpg

Last edited by djelmonstruo; 11-16-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: SPRINT

TravisW0204 is becoming a great contributor

Chris I have a quick question. I am using Chomp SMS for my messaging. The only problem I have is that it cannot open picture mail that comes through as a slideshow. Any other picture mail is fine but it's just the slideshow part. I'll tap the picture and the screen will flash and won't open the pic. However, if I open the native messaging, it opens the pic fine. Chomp worked on the stock rom perfectly and I was wondering if you could suggest anything. I tried Handcent and that works fine but I love Chomp.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I don't use ROM Manager. I do use clockwork mod recovery to flash updates with and create nandroids.

I generally do a nandroid after flashing a new ROM and setting up the phone to my liking. But I ALWAYS copy the nandroid backup to my laptop and delete the copy from the SD card as well as remove any/all ROM flash files afterward.

Currently, I only have one nandroid backup on the SD card.
So, any suggestions, guys?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You need to mount your sd card to your pc via usb as "removable" drive then check he properties of all the folders. Look for the largest folder sizes and then check the files inside those folders to see what's hogging up all your storage space. Simple process of elimination basically. If you don't see any obvious large files/folders then i would backup all the files you need to keep and then format the sd card with your phone. After formatting the card immediately check the storage card's capacity to make sure it is reported accurately and that there are no problems with the memory card itself. Then put the files/folders back once you have verified the file sizes are accurate and none are corrupted, etc. Personally I would keep only one nandroid on my sd ard at a time. You are doing this already from what you already said and that's good. Good luck

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 11-18-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

So I was just looking at my text messages and I noticed that messages that I have recieved from people in my address book do not show their contact picture in the message. So I thought my address book was not updating pictures but when I go to my people tab all photos show there. Can anyone else confirm this is happening to them as well? I'm pretty sure I didn't have this before. Thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] 11/18/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

rom update posted

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development