PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/14/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

I don't know if this is affecting others but every time I tried to view a PDF the PDF viewer would force close. I used TB to uninstall it and installed adobe reader so I could still view pdfs. This is on the 11-14 rom.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 11/14/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Did you make sure to flash the mtd-eng.img? If you dont do that first you will get that error every time.
Ok sorry I must have done something wrong, but I started all over again with a different sd card and it did seem to work as it should. So now if I update to Froyo, will I be able to follow this same process to revert back and get the phone rooted again? Will it work with the current 3.30.651.3 version of the stock ROM?

Thanks,
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo
http://db.tt/BzcfTF7
http://db.tt/YcZXics
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2010, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SlyClone22 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
I don't know if this is affecting others but every time I tried to view a PDF the PDF viewer would force close. I used TB to uninstall it and installed adobe reader so I could still view pdfs. This is on the 11-14 rom.
Same issue here with PDF viewer force closing...

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ummm I dunno
Carrier: cellular south

noob_2010 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: [ROM] 11/11/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
You have a couple options that I am aware of that work quite well. There is an app called Titanium Backup that has many options for backing up items. But the option to backup apps with data is the way to get you apps reinstalled on a new ROM and it includes all of the data associated. Another option is an app called My Backup and it is a very nice option as well with the ability to back up apps and or just your data and settings like bookmarks and such.

And there is a way to update without losing your information, but it may or may not result in a few little bugs since it is not the suggested way of installing a new ROM. If you use the stand alone version on the ROM you would just put the zip on the root of your SD card. Boot into recovery and use the "wipe" option to wipe your cache and davlik cache, but don't wipe data/factory reset. Then return and use the "Flash zip form sdcard" option and choose the zip of this ROM that you just copied. In my case at least, this does not delete all of your apps. But you might want to perform a nandroid backup the first time just to be sure, if you are afraid of losing something extremely important.
Oh no that options seems risky for a noob. Those apps I bet they're not free .. I would just fully wipe and start from fresh on the new rom but thing is a new update comes out everyweek and I'd have to do this again. Guess I'll stick with 3.29 unless 3.30 gives my phone a better signal........
Old 11-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] 11/11/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_2010 View Post
Oh no that options seems risky for a noob. Those apps I bet they're not free .. I would just fully wipe and start from fresh on the new rom but thing is a new update comes out everyweek and I'd have to do this again. Guess I'll stick with 3.29 unless 3.30 gives my phone a better signal........
The latest rom greatly improves battery life and is a smaller footprint so gives you alot more internal memory. Worth the upgrade. If you wipe just the system cache and the davlik cache you will still have your apps and data on the phone and you should have a trouble free upgrade with the stand alone rom.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyClone22 View Post
Same issue here with PDF viewer force closing...

Issue has been resolved and a flashable patch has been uploaded HERE

**On a side note..I have never used the PDF viewer but as a comparison I downloaded the Adobe Reader from Market and compared it to the included PDF Viewer and was blown away by the Adobe Reader. It starts almost instantly and has much faster load times and smoother scrolling and zooming. Would you guys be interested in having the PDF Viewer swapped out for the Adobe Reader??**
Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SlyClone22 is just getting started
Quote:

**On a side note..I have never used the PDF viewer but as a comparison I downloaded the Adobe Reader from Market and compared it to the included PDF Viewer and was blown away by the Adobe Reader. It starts almost instantly and has much faster load times and smoother scrolling and zooming. Would you guys be interested in having the PDF Viewer swapped out for the Adobe Reader??**
Works for me, I wouldn't mind the Adobe Reader.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

chilwill2000 is just getting started

Quote:

Sounds good to be too, plus it is faster!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

So, can someone answer me as to HOW much memory the version before the 11/14 ROM had free? it appears the 11/14 ROM is only different in a few cosmetic changes and MAYBE a smaller FOOTPRINT but I want to see what the actual size difference is.

Also if I install this version over top of the last version, will programs double? I ask this because I had a OCTOBER ROM and I installed the 3.30 version over top and a lot of programs doubled. I know its not recommended to do what I did but I didnt want to erase everything...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development