PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
no, you don't have to flash back to stock....but I would wipe everything before flashing, and of course do a backup just incase
i did a backup earlier today.
i just wiped the cache with the unrevoked3 clockworks mod wipe cache.... rebooting, then i am going to clear storage and then do your rom... should i do it with rom manager or by doing power button + volume down and apply zip?

and thanks for the reply. I used to have several windows mobile 5.x and 6.x devices and found it easy to use custom on them. Getting used to the android/linux way... i may switch to linux for my laptop only question is which one and kde or gnome? i do like the ubuntu store but kde look like windows.... gnome looks like mac...

i am thinking of a custom start splash screen instead of the sprint 4g... perhaps something with the ppcgeeks logo and the android logo and apple killer perhaps?

i used the rom manager and apply from sd card for your 4.4 as only 4.3 was on rom manager. I chose the option to wipe rom and replace system files. Setting up the phone now....

just installed the latest sprint nav and sprint tv i got from sprint the apk... loving your rom.. so far so good..

LOVE HULU!!!! NOW NETFLIX.... HOW DID YOU DO HULU?

Last edited by caleb02; 01-18-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post

Sounds very similar to "bumping" and/or the SBC kernel to me... but who knows how the plug in charger is regulating the charging cycle or if at all?? ... good to hear that the batt is still performing well after 18 months of this! ... leads me to believe that a batt would last a pretty descent amount of time even with the SBC kernel (although you are rotating two batteries and therefore increasing the life of them twofold)

***AGAIN*** ... I am no expert or authority on LiPo batteries... simply my opinions and perspectives from my research!! Hope it helps!
I don't think the charger bump charges it. Since the battery is not running anything, I think the charger just charges it to 100% and then shuts off.

No need for bump charging because there is little to no power drain while the battery sits dormant in the charger waiting for it to be put back into service.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

just wondering why the latest version of flash will not work with hulu saying my device is unsupported? If i uninstall the update the hulu works fine.

loving the rom.... keep up the good work.... cant wait for a gingerbread rom or one based off the official evo gingerbread rom....
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Vancer, are u still using SBC kernel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
No need for bump charging because there is little to no power drain while the battery sits dormant in the charger waiting for it to be put back into service.
well the reason to bump charge is to get the phone back to 100%.....if the charger shuts off x hrs prior, that explains the drop to 90+% when you unplug. bump charging gets it back to 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
just wondering why the latest version of flash will not work with hulu saying my device is unsupported? If i uninstall the update the hulu works fine.

loving the rom.... keep up the good work.... cant wait for a gingerbread rom or one based off the official evo gingerbread rom....
thx....not sure about hulu, I dont use it nor know much about it....I think it may have been ripped from another device, and may only work w/ certain versions of flash
Old 01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
I don't think the charger bump charges it. Since the battery is not running anything, I think the charger just charges it to 100% and then shuts off.

Yeah probably either actually charges it to 100% since there is no code to regulate it's charging behavior and/or trickle charges it all night like older phones used to do ... either way, explains why you get a full charge

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Quote:
Vancer, are u still using SBC kernel?
Never actually used it, just did a shit load of reading while considering it and followed the development from the beginning ... I just broke down and bought the Sprint 2600 and if it didn't do the job when I was on the road I was gonna use it then on that batt

Quote:

well the reason to bump charge is to get the phone back to 100%.....if the charger shuts off x hrs prior, that explains the drop to 90+% when you unplug. bump charging gets it back to 100%
Stock kernel technically charges it full after plug in (faster rate) but then shuts off and lets it drain to 90%, then kicks back on at a slower rate ... does this all night, so it just matters where it was in that cycle when u pull it off ... also why bumping gets u back to 100% pretty quick

Edit... I wrote a whole diatribe but I know how you tend to skim my posts! Lol

Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

as a suffix to an earlier question i had, its safe to assume the 'quickoffice' on the evo is a read only program?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
as a suffix to an earlier question i had, its safe to assume the 'quickoffice' on the evo is a read only program?
Yep read only, need paid ver to edit. Or buy Documents to Go or a couple others out there

Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Yep read only, need paid ver to edit. Or buy Documents to Go or a couple others out there

thats what i figured, thanks, i hate paying for things lol guess i'll have to check them out and see what the best deal is
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Love the rom. Wish some more free space. Uninstalled a few things

Also jow about a ppcgeeks android live.wallpaper

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development