PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: Sprint

salhtcpro2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.4 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/24/10*

thanks , I will try it now
Old 09-24-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What the difference between Deodexed and Odexed roms? Is one better than the other or minor differences?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
very cool....CONGRATS!

btw, did u see the fix posted for your locking issue?
Thanks, man.

I did see the fix a little earlier, havnt tried it yet because I am back on the HTC lockscreen. If this fix works well without any hitches that would be great. Looks like I am off to remove the HtcLockScreen.apk to try it out.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

Whats the best way to backup my (1) Exchange and (4) Gmail accounts every time i burn a new ROM version without retyping in the login/password info each time?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tandxcstar1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
What the difference between Deodexed and Odexed roms? Is one better than the other or minor differences?

Deodexed ROMs have their .apk's (which are basically the application packages) repackaged in a certain way. An "odex" can be thought of as a collection of parts of applications that have been pulled out and optimized before booting. This speeds up the boot process - in a way, it preloads part of the applications - but it also makes hacking those apps difficult because part of the original code is already extracted somewhere else.

Deodexing is just a process of putting those pieces back into the original applications. It takes a while to extract those parts and build the .dex cache (aka Dalvik cache), but only because the relevant parts aren't in an easy-to-access place for the system. The advantage of this is that an app can be modified effectively and the developer doesn't have to worry about conflicts from the separate odex part of the code.

So, short version: "Deodexed" ROMs have all their apps put back together. If an app can be themed, for example, a deodexed version of that app will not get messed up when the modified .apk tries to mesh with the odex of the original un-modified .apk. Because it's not there.

If you want an aftermarket theme, you need a deodexed ROM. I'm not sure if deodexing can be done to individual apps within a non-deodexed ROM.

I go with Deodexed myself.... Hope this helps. Take longer to boot but honestly I dont see much of a difference. Depends on RoMs and themese if there on there.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
Are Caulkin's mods still flashable on the odexed version? I think I read somewhere that they're for deodexed only.

Secondly, no one knows where the custom user dictionary database is stored on the phone??
You can access it by going to Menu\Settings\Language and Keyboard\Touch Input settings\User dictionary.
I know you are looking for it's storage point. When I back it up via Titanium it's called com.android.provider.userdictionary (or smthng close)
That exact file only shows up on my SD card via Titanium when I use a file explorer to search for it. No where else in system is that exact file name.
UserDictionary is an apk in system/app so maybe it's part of that? Seems it would have to be.
Why are you looking for it? Like I said it can be accessed within the OS and backed up via TiBackup or another back up app.
Hope that helps.

EDIT: Well crap. I always back up userdictionary but never bothered to restore it till now. Despite TiBackup saying it did there was nothing there. Another back up may do a better job?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-24-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Other than whats listed on the first page, is there any other reason to flash 3.4?

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Other than whats listed on the first page, is there any other reason to flash 3.4?
Well it is built off of a different base.
JUST flashed it but seems really quick.
Nand, wipe, try it out
Old 09-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Well it is built off of a different base.
JUST flashed it but seems really quick.
Nand, wipe, try it out
Yeah, I know the drill. Guess I am just being lazy.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

helljumperx is a n00b

I was running OMJ froyo 2.2 v2.1 and I attempted to install OMJ 2.2 v3.4 on my evo. Every time i tried it said Install aborted? can anyone help me?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development