PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 07:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

which themes work with deodexed
i ask cause i remember someone saying only certain ones did

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 08-30-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
which themes work with deodexed
i ask cause i remember someone saying only certain ones did
Most if not all themes work with deodexed. It's the ROM that may be an issue.
Some themes are created for specific ROMs. It should say in the thread what ROM the theme does/doesn't work with.
Start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=655

Riptide's is killer.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch 6900
Carrier: sprint

logik777 is a n00b

ok downloaded the v3.1 rom now do i need to wipe or just install over the previous v3.0 one ........TIA
LGK777
Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I set mine up from here
apperantly the rom is set up with more max than that and the same minimum...I assume changing it the settings in that link would cause it to run a little slower but get a bit better battey life...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Yo Iknowsquat (or anyone else who is willing to share): What settings would you reccomend for SetCPU on this ROM? I have the app but havent played with it yet becasue I dont want to over or underclock it too much...
I looked at OMJs and I take it all the way down to 245 max/min with the screen off, with performance scaling. Setcpu is like the kernel, everyone will not get the same results, got to test, test, and test some more. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik777 View Post
ok downloaded the v3.1 rom now do i need to wipe or just install over the previous v3.0 one ........TIA
LGK777
Wiping is never required but always recommended. I'd definitley wipe on this one do to the nrmew kernel. You may even need to wipe cache and dalvik post flash as kernels can be tempormental to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
apperantly the rom is set up with more max than that and the same minimum...I assume changing it the settings in that link would cause it to run a little slower but get a bit better battey life...
Those settings are for screen off, wont effect performance.
When you first launch setcpu you can select device specific parameters, but you can go higher. Just gotta watch for instability the higher you go.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-30-2010 at 09:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Most if not all themes work with deodexed. It's the ROM that may be an issue.
Some themes are created for specific ROMs. It should say in the thread what ROM the theme does/doesn't work with.
Start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=655

Riptide's is killer.
ok thanks
one other thing flash like a rom or as an update?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
ok thanks
one other thing flash like a rom or as an update?
Just flash it
No wipe.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So whats the verdict with Kings kernal? Better/worse than netarchy with this ROM?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Little Help Please..

raised the SetCPU to a little higher than I should have while messing around with profiles. Well, the SET at BOOT was checked.. So now I'm stuck on a boot loop. Phone resets, runs and once it all boots up it starts locking up and then resets again.. I've pulled the battery and waited about 2 mins but still nothing. It still resets it self... Any easy way of making it stop from booting? I would hate to have to do a restore since I haven't backed up in a few weeks.. Arghhh..
Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Little Help Please..

raised the SetCPU to a little higher than I should have while messing around with profiles. Well, the SET at BOOT was checked.. So now I'm stuck on a boot loop. Phone resets, runs and once it all boots up it starts locking up and then resets again.. I've pulled the battery and waited about 2 mins but still nothing. It still resets it self... Any easy way of making it stop from booting? I would hate to have to do a restore since I haven't backed up in a few weeks.. Arghhh..
Pull the batt, boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik.
When it boots navigate to set cpu as quickly as it will let you and try to decelerate her
It may take more than one attempt.
Fun aint it?
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development