PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Desire > CDMA HTC Desire Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Thumbs up [RUU] Alltel 2.1 Shipped

I have not been on in a while, figured id throw you guys a bone.

RUU_Bravo_C_Alltel_WWE_1.27.671.0_Radio_2.05.10.08 .11_NV_Alltel_1.70_release_150765_signed

Mr. X

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 11-07-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [RUU] Alltel 2.1 Shipped

Someone needs to tear this apart and remove the carrier specific stuff, then we can have a generic RUU for unrooting our phones if we so want.

BTC
Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillThyCat View Post
Someone needs to tear this apart and remove the carrier specific stuff, then we can have a generic RUU for unrooting our phones if we so want.

BTC
TEaring out all the carrier specific parts and then unrooting doesnt make sense to me. the basic use for this is 2 things. 1) to unroot for a factory state for sale or warranty. or 2) to un pack as a basis for a custom rom.

Removing all the carrier specific parts would yield a bare unrooted rom you can do nothing much with. it also may cause the FOTA updates to fail depending on whats removed.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor

Can't enough be removed so that we can re-root our phones tho? i.e. I am with USCC, they may never release a RUU... If the 2.2 update comes out as a update only and not a RUU and for some reason not install on a rooted 2.1, then what? Can just the "rooted" part of the RUU get ripped out so that we can nandroid back to a post root state and then install this to get it back to unroot status?

I am hoping that 2.2 comes as a RUU format, but knowing USCC, they may never do that.

I probably wouldn't run stock anyways, but still like having that option in the event of warranty/return/resell, etc.

BTC
Old 11-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillThyCat View Post
Can't enough be removed so that we can re-root our phones tho? i.e. I am with USCC, they may never release a RUU... If the 2.2 update comes out as a update only and not a RUU and for some reason not install on a rooted 2.1, then what? Can just the "rooted" part of the RUU get ripped out so that we can nandroid back to a post root state and then install this to get it back to unroot status?

I am hoping that 2.2 comes as a RUU format, but knowing USCC, they may never do that.

I probably wouldn't run stock anyways, but still like having that option in the event of warranty/return/resell, etc.

BTC
if USC releases 2.2 ill locate the ruu for you.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (CDMA)

heavymetalmage is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
if USC releases 2.2 ill locate the ruu for you.
Anyway you could locate the USCC 2.1 RUU?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6850 Touch Pro (Herman)

kwineon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymetalmage View Post
I agree!!! I would like to have this in case I turn my phone into a literal brick with overclocking. lol
Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Carolina West Wireless

Muleguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymetalmage View Post

Yes, could you??? I need the stock USCC 2.1 RUU for Desire in the worst of ways!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Desire > CDMA HTC Desire Development