PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: BELL

machold is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sense UI 2.5 (Fox Rom) Generic carrier sys 28002

My principle concerns: fast, stable ROM with long battery life.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: BELL

machold is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
NRG is the best I've used so far. I got windows live to work, youtube works, the texting and emailing are good with no lag, weather updates great, best of all, titanium works awesome without any problems (not sure if you use titanium). The only bug is sunshine weather animation is slow, but every 2.5 sense rom I have used has that issue.

If this Fox ROM is working well for you, then stick with it, I have yet to try ti out, but so far NRG is the best with the least number of bugs.

I don't like 6.5.1 or 6.5.3 for various reasons, so I use 6.5 he has all versions of his roms for whatever you choose.
Soundfs good. can't find NRG, is it in PPCGeeks?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by machold View Post
My principle concerns: fast, stable ROM with long battery life.
NRG seems good as far as fast, stable.

the best battery life I have ever gotten from a rom is always dareeseboy roms. You might try his 28005 ROM, but it has some issues like Windows Live does not work and youtube I think.

If you don't need sense2.5 but just want a good 6.5 ROM id go with Calk's roms. his are fast, stable, and the battery life is good, and they charge insanely fast because he adds the usb 900mah tweak to his registry, so the phone charges fully in like an hour. The battery life for NRG seems to be OK but not great. With the diamond its hard because the battery that comes with it just isn't that good in the first place.

for sense 2.5 I'd stick with the fox one or use NRG, for all other roms id use calk's roms if you want tf3d or dareeseboy if you want just titanium.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by machold View Post
Soundfs good. can't find NRG, is it in PPCGeeks?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74084

I like the 6.5 rom sense 2.5 (third link in the download section)

but take a look at the descriptions on the ones you like
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ FOX ROM
Carrier: Page Plus and AT&T
Threadstarter

explisiv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to explisiv Send a message via MSN to explisiv Send a message via Yahoo to explisiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
NRG is the best I've used so far. I got windows live to work, youtube works, the texting and emailing are good with no lag, weather updates great, best of all, titanium works awesome without any problems (not sure if you use titanium). The only bug is sunshine weather animation is slow, but every 2.5 sense rom I have used has that issue.

If this Fox ROM is working well for you, then stick with it, I have yet to try ti out, but so far NRG is the best with the least number of bugs.

I don't like 6.5.1 or 6.5.3 for various reasons, so I use 6.5 he has all versions of his roms for whatever you choose.
well the sunshine animations work fine for me i havent had a problem and its not slow its just as fast as the other animations, also it looks more like a flare on the right side at the top.

also the windows live syncs fine. but i use wifi to do it since my reception is to low to get evdo speed which causes windows live to hang due to slow connections but im sure after the setup the syncs can be done with the wireless carrier internet.

Also i was curious about NRG rom and its not really manila 2.5 its 2.1 with special features but i didnt see a 6.5.1 rom either maybe im blind lol

Last edited by explisiv; 11-30-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

Never4saken is keeping up the good workNever4saken is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: sense UI 2.5 (Fox Rom) Generic carrier sys 28002

I am really liking this ROM Fox. Thank you for all of your effort. I am finally working on a ROM myself, sometimes work and wife permitting.

I need help man, I am a total ROM Junkie.
...anyone know where I can find an RA (ROM Anonymous) meeting?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:05 PM

I'd like to try your ROM, but any chance you can cook up a 6.5?

(21882 maybe)
Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explisiv View Post
well the sunshine animations work fine for me i havent had a problem and its not slow its just as fast as the other animations, also it looks more like a flare on the right side at the top.

also the windows live syncs fine. but i use wifi to do it since my reception is to low to get evdo speed which causes windows live to hang due to slow connections but im sure after the setup the syncs can be done with the wireless carrier internet.

Also i was curious about NRG rom and its not really manila 2.5 its 2.1 with special features but i didnt see a 6.5.1 rom either maybe im blind lol

the new NRG thread is 2.5 sense UI, maybe he has another 2.1 thread you were looking at.

Most people's sunshine animation is messed up but OMJ's kitchen has a fix I think so you're probably using the patched version. I got windows live working on NRG but no one else's, if it works on yours then awesome, its worth trying for sure, ive heard nothing but good words about your ROM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:18 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by explisiv View Post

NRG is trying to put together a SENSE 2.1 but he hasnt released anything for the diamond. So all of his 2.5 roms are exactly that, Sense 2.5.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 PM

indeed. Also as regards not seeing a 6.5.1,on his download page he has 6.5, 6.5.1, and 6.5.3 I believe.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
sense ui 2.5 sys 28005