PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FIRING UP THE KITCHEN ONE LAST TIME Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Thanks. Do you know exactly what the 6.1's NK is labeled? I did a search for just "nk.exe" with the windows search looking inside of Caulkin's kitchen, but only found some folders labeled "nk.exe". I'm looking for an actual exe right, not just a folder?

For the dialer thing, I found a Dialer that looked just like the Rhodium called "Tachi's Dialer" which I extracted from the CAB file. I did the same with FlipIt, and the ROM is practically flashing as we speak.

I'll get back to you tomorrow with the progress but, look into the 6.1 NK thing for me in the mean time.

Thanks again.

- 2 Bunny
The nk.exe is a module (folder with S00x files inside). The one you want from Calkulin's kitchen is \Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen v4.2\ROM\Diamond\21055\OEMXipKernel\nk.exe . Replace the nk.exe in OMJ's kitchen with the nk.exe from that path in calkulins kitchen and you will have the stock nk.exe (which will make the stylus wake up the device). The Tachi Dialer is a VGA dialer that will interface with Manila 2.x or Sense. If you aren't cooking in manila 2.x or sense, I'd just use the stock Diamond VGA dialer. It does not need a position fix (like rhodium) or come from a dual-sim device (like tachi). Both of those problems had to be patched/solved and can lead to some problems. In calkulins kitchen, the stock vga dialer is:

Phone - PhoneCanvas 3.40.33475.0
Phone Dialer - PhoneCanvas - Black Slide to Answer or the White one
Phone Call Log - Black or White
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Thumbs up Re: FIRING UP THE KITCHEN ONE LAST TIME Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The nk.exe is a module (folder with S00x files inside). The one you want from Calkulin's kitchen is \Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen v4.2\ROM\Diamond\21055\OEMXipKernel\nk.exe . Replace the nk.exe in OMJ's kitchen with the nk.exe from that path in calkulins kitchen and you will have the stock nk.exe (which will make the stylus wake up the device). The Tachi Dialer is a VGA dialer that will interface with Manila 2.x or Sense. If you aren't cooking in manila 2.x or sense, I'd just use the stock Diamond VGA dialer. It does not need a position fix (like rhodium) or come from a dual-sim device (like tachi). Both of those problems had to be patched/solved and can lead to some problems. In calkulins kitchen, the stock vga dialer is:

Phone - PhoneCanvas 3.40.33475.0
Phone Dialer - PhoneCanvas - Black Slide to Answer or the White one
Phone Call Log - Black or White
All right. I've copied the NK.exe folder and PhoneCanvas folders back into the OMJ kitchen and it is practically cooking up now as we speak. I'll fill you in later as to how it went.

In the meantime, I have another question though about those extra folders in the start menu>programs directory (like "system", "system tools", etc. For example). I'd like all the apps to be in the root of the Programs folder except for the tools folder (the one that has the manila options, 3D cabs, keyboard configurator, etc.). If I make an app.dat file with putting the items in my preferred locations, how will I get rid of the old ones?

Thanks.

Update: Flashed the ROM and the Phonecanvas is up to speed now (I think) but the NK.exe thing doesn't work right. Every time I created a ROM with the Caulkin 6.1 NK.exe folder it would flash successfully but never get off the "uPob" screen. I went back to the other one, and it works right again. Is there something else you've gotta do beside move the 6.1 NK.exe folder?

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 10-01-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Update: Flashed the ROM and the Phonecanvas is up to speed now (I think) but the NK.exe thing doesn't work right. Every time I created a ROM with the Caulkin 6.1 NK.exe folder it would flash successfully but never get off the "uPob" screen. I went back to the other one, and it works right again. Is there something else you've gotta do beside move the 6.1 NK.exe folder?

- 2 Bunny
If you want to keep testing, you can move the entire OEMXIPKernel for the Diamond from Calkulin's kitchen and delete the one in OMJ's kitchen. I don't know how OMJ set his kitchen up, so he may have used the entire OEMXIPKernel from the TouchPro. Also, what are you cooking into your ROM? If it's WM 6.1 and the old tf3d, you shouldn't need to worry about modules. If it's newer 6.5 SYS and/or sense or packages from recent ROMs, you may need to recmod some modules.

Another thing to check, make sure the box that says 'Real 6.5 AKU' or something to that effect is not checked if you are using the nk.exe from Calkulin's kitchen (the 6.1 version). Actually, if this is check and you built with the 6.1 kernel, it probably wouldn't boot....so check this first. The check box is towards the upper left in these kitchens.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: FIRING UP THE KITCHEN ONE LAST TIME Reply

Quote:
If you want to keep testing, you can move the entire OEMXIPKernel for the Diamond from Calkulin's kitchen and delete the one in OMJ's kitchen. I don't know how OMJ set his kitchen up, so he may have used the entire OEMXIPKernel from the TouchPro.
I'll give that a try next time. My next trip to the kitchen is tomorrow or Wendsday, so I want to get as much stuff fixed as possible before I loose all my settings again.

Quote:
Also, what are you cooking into your ROM? If it's WM 6.1 and the old tf3d, you shouldn't need to worry about modules. If it's newer 6.5 SYS and/or sense or packages from recent ROMs, you may need to recmod some modules.
I'm using Manila 2.1 with the weather on the homepage, but without the "Sense" virus that "Sense 2.5" comes with.
The OS is Windows Mobile 6.1 on build 21055.

Quote:
Another thing to check, make sure the box that says 'Real 6.5 AKU' or something to that effect is not checked if you are using the nk.exe from Calkulin's kitchen (the 6.1 version).
Really? I always left it checked even in Caulkin's kitchen. Is it some kind of new compatibility bug?

Quote:
Actually, if this is check and you built with the 6.1 kernel, it probably wouldn't boot....so check this first. The check box is towards the upper left in these kitchens.
Like I said before, I always thought that you always leave that box checked no matter what. I did in the Caulkin kitchen, but if you're sure, I'll give it a try unchecked.

Also, do you know if there is something in the kitchen in particular that forces half of the default programs into retarded subfolders in the Programs menu? If none that you can think of, I know that I can use the "app.dat" feature to put shortcuts/files wherever I want, but wouldn't the old folders still come up? Can you "delete" items with an "app.dat"?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'll give that a try next time. My next trip to the kitchen is tomorrow or Wendsday, so I want to get as much stuff fixed as possible before I loose all my settings again.

I'm using Manila 2.1 with the weather on the homepage, but without the "Sense" virus that "Sense 2.5" comes with.
The OS is Windows Mobile 6.1 on build 21055.

Really? I always left it checked even in Caulkin's kitchen. Is it some kind of new compatibility bug?

Like I said before, I always thought that you always leave that box checked no matter what. I did in the Caulkin kitchen, but if you're sure, I'll give it a try unchecked.

Also, do you know if there is something in the kitchen in particular that forces half of the default programs into retarded subfolders in the Programs menu? If none that you can think of, I know that I can use the "app.dat" feature to put shortcuts/files wherever I want, but wouldn't the old folders still come up? Can you "delete" items with an "app.dat"?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Yes, you do not use the "real 6.5 aku" button unless you are using a 6.5 nk.exe. If you use the stock Diamond one, you do not want that button checked. There is no 6.5 nk.exe for the CDMA Diamond and I'm pretty sure calkulin's kitchen pre-dates people using the 6.5 nk.exe from the Touch Pro. You can search your app.dat's and or initflashes.dat to find what is putting the things in the Programs menu. It will be somewhere in the kitchen. The easiest way is to download a program call Agent Ransack (google and it's a free program). You can search your entire kitchen folder for files containing the text "Whateverprogram.lnk" and find what app.dat or file it is in (replace whateverprogram with the shortcut you want to get rid of). Then just edit/delete that file.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned User

Smile TOASTY KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Yes, you do not use the "real 6.5 aku" button unless you are using a 6.5 nk.exe. If you use the stock Diamond one, you do not want that button checked.
What happens if you do? I remember Caulkin's Kitchen always had it checked and I never encountered problems.

Quote:
There is no 6.5 nk.exe for the CDMA Diamond and I'm pretty sure calkulin's kitchen pre-dates people using the 6.5 nk.exe from the Touch Pro.
So then what was in there before I used the "other nk.exe"? What is your current suggestion as far as NK.EXEs and the like are concerned?

Quote:
You can search your app.dats and or initflashes.dat to find what is putting the things in the Programs menu. It will be somewhere in the kitchen. The easiest way is to download a program call Agent Ransack (google and it's a free program). You can search your entire kitchen folder for files containing the text "Whateverprogram.lnk" and find what app.dat or file it is in (replace whateverprogram with the shortcut you want to get rid of). Then just edit/delete that file.
I will certainly look into that.

I'll most likely be stopping at the kitchen next on thursday, if you want, you can take a look at my other questions, and come thursday, I'll hunt for the culprit with that handy "Agent Ransack" application.

- 2 Bunny
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Banned User

Smile FIRING UP THE KITCHEN Reply

Update: I've found the culprit. A Sneaky file named "initflashes.dat". Thanks for suggesting that "agent ransack" app to help "sniff out" what was causing the world grief. I am still wondering how I could go about getting rid of "getting started" in the start menu.

I never ended up getting a straight answer as to what I should to about getting the device to wake up upon removal of the stylus, so if you could clarify your ending decision, that would be great.

I hope to be actually flashing my edits and do a lot of work with the kitchen tomorrow and saturday, so hopefully we'll be able to work out some stuff in between.

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

monochus is a n00b
Re: [DISCONTINUED] OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21895 / 23569

Hey everyone, I've been using an older version (2012_21887_OMJ) for awhile but this issue recently came up. My hard keys and center button has stopped responding.

It still lights up when I press them but it doesn't take me home or to the call screen or focus and shoot a picture. I reflashed and it's still not working. Been looking for a definitive reason in all the threads. Any ideas?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 AM
VIP Member

Re: [DISCONTINUED] OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21895 / 23569

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochus View Post
Hey everyone, I've been using an older version (2012_21887_OMJ) for awhile but this issue recently came up. My hard keys and center button has stopped responding.

It still lights up when I press them but it doesn't take me home or to the call screen or focus and shoot a picture. I reflashed and it's still not working. Been looking for a definitive reason in all the threads. Any ideas?
To rule out a hardware problem, flash the sprint shipped ROM and see if it still happens.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned User

Question TWEAK Reply

Hey there, I've got a few new questions on the Kitchen.

# 1: Anyone know where I can get a proper, working kitchen EXT version of FlipIt?

# 2: For some reason, none of my registry tweaks are sticking that I do in manila. I have adjusted the tabs and changed the right SoftKey on the home tab, an labeled it "z Manila Tweak" in the kitchen, but it is being ignored or overwritten by something. Any suggestions? Should I use Agent Ransack and search for the registry key?

# 3: Default Settings for FNGKB. Any way to make it not "click" by default?

# 4: You know how in most versions of Manila/TF3D when you go into landscape the row of icons disappears to save space? Well, this version does that in portrait as well. Any way to make it only do this in landscape, and not in portrait?

# 5: Still having the wake on stylus problem. I normally expect the device to turn on and unlock itself when I remove the stylus, but the OMJ Kitchen here seems to not let me do that. Does anyone know of a fix?

# 6: Can't preset the defaults for settings in Advanced Config and DiamondTweak. I tried grabbing my XML file from a properly configured A.C./D.T. and replacing the default XML file, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Is something else overriding the registry changes?

# 7: Is there a way to not make the battery indicator icon disappear everywhere but the Today Screen. I'd like to know my battery levels more places than just one.

# 8: Default backlight settings: Can the backlight dim and timeout settings be changed VIA the registry?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development