PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's Custom ROM | WM 6.5 | 21870 | Manila 2.1 | 10/27/09 |

I fixed the link in the 1st post, sorry about that, I was in a hurry to get out of the office, lol.

Thanks to everyone welcoming me back....I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Welcome home, OMJ ...
Thx Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
It was down for a few minutes, but should be all good now.

OMJ is the funking man!..

Unfortunately however, he posted his link wrong, so here you go:

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/om...iamond_2.2.rar

Thx Groove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Welcome back indeed.
When you get to that list of included apps, could you also include a screenshot or description of what available memory after flash?
I sure will, since I should be flashing again tonight to make a couple updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade107 View Post
I've just flashed this ROM. It's my first attempt at this hobby and I'm impressed with how much more responsive the phone became!

The phone still gets hot when surfing the net...Not sure if this is normal for the Diamond as I just got this phone.

Will the battery life improve?

Could you guys tell me how ( or point me to a thread) to get and install the ringtones from the original Sprint ROM? Does this ROM has Sprint Picture Mail?

If I want to try another ROM in the future, do I just flash it on top of this one or there's another way?

Thanks to OMJ for making this possible!
Battery life should be better than the stock rom, but it really depends on your usage.

For Sprint PictureMail, click on Start/System Tools/Sprint Picture Mail....that will install it. You may also need to update your profile by going to start/settings/system/update profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Lookin' Nice my man!!!!

I actually have just re-done the wallpaper 2 nights ago for my newest rhodium rom

let me know if you are interested, drop me a pm

very nice Mike! I'll shoot ya a pm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade107 View Post
Thanks kbussen!

When you say shipped ROM, could I just get the shipped ROM for Sprint from HTC site and flash it or get a download from here and use it? The HTC site has the ROM I had but asks to enter the Serial from the device before dowload..

Also could you point to ways to customize OMJ's ROM using different Rings and Wallpapers, I also can't find Picture mail on it, how can I add that?

Sorry about the newbe Qs..If not allowed please delete Mods!

Thanks again!
I originally had alot more ringtones from the TP2, and all of MightyMikes themes, but I took them out to thin out the rom abit. I can zip them up for ya if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesto73 View Post
I gotta say, I love this ROM! It has everything I want and seems to be rock solid! However, there always seems to be a catch.... I have tried for the life of me to get the GPS to work. I have had no luck. Are you aware of any issues with GPS or am I doing something wrong? Let me know if I need to be more specific...

Thanks!
Location is turned off by default to save battery. go to phone options, services, location settings, then turn on.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

Nesto73 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I fixed the link in the 1st post, sorry about that, I was in a hurry to get out of the office, lol.

Thanks to everyone welcoming me back....I appreciate it!

Thx Bill!

Thx Groove!

I sure will, since I should be flashing again tonight to make a couple updates.

Battery life should be better than the stock rom, but it really depends on your usage.

For Sprint PictureMail, click on Start/System Tools/Sprint Picture Mail....that will install it. You may also need to update your profile by going to start/settings/system/update profile.

very nice Mike! I'll shoot ya a pm...

I originally had alot more ringtones from the TP2, and all of MightyMikes themes, but I took them out to thin out the rom abit. I can zip them up for ya if you want.

Location is turned off by default to save battery. go to phone options, services, location settings, then turn on.

Thanks for the reply! OK, so I tried turning on the location sevices. Then I went to quick GPS and it keeps telling me that location is off. Everytime I go back to settings it tells me that location is on... I also cant get a signal in google maps or sprint Telenav. Maybe it's my hardware... At any rate. The ROM is Awesome! I just wish I could get my GPS working on it.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesto73 View Post
Thanks for the reply! OK, so I tried turning on the location sevices. Then I went to quick GPS and it keeps telling me that location is off. Everytime I go back to settings it tells me that location is on... I also cant get a signal in google maps or sprint Telenav. Maybe it's my hardware... At any rate. The ROM is Awesome! I just wish I could get my GPS working on it.

I just tested....turned location on, opened quickgps, did the download, then opened google maps, use gps...took about 30 secs since it was the 1st time, but got a lock no problem. I guess it's possible it could be your hardware, but try soft resetting or worse case re-flash stock rom , then my rom again.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work

+1 on the TP2 ringtones and Mighty Mike Themes. ROM looks great OMJ! thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 10:46 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Welcome back indeed.
When you get to that list of included apps, could you also include a screenshot or description of what available memory after flash?

I added the screenshot to post #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
+1 on the TP2 ringtones and Mighty Mike Themes. ROM looks great OMJ! thanks
I added the ringtones & themes to post #1.

also, I added the cab in post #1 to
Update your Windows phone for Daylight Saving Time

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...gs-update.mspx

Last edited by OMJ; 10-28-2009 at 11:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Blade107 is a n00b

Thanks for you inputs OMJ!

Nice first Custom ROM for my new Diamond!

Just noticed the ring tones and themes at the first post! Got it!

Thanks!

Last edited by Blade107; 10-28-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

Awesome as usual was a big fan of the vogue roms. Crossing my fingers for you the be the first chef with 2.5!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's tempting but I'm not a big fan of Tachi because it seems to lock up and run down the battery always connecting to the EVDO/1x data in the background which I think it is the GPS location updating thing. Maybe if you cooked a Titanium only ROM with the stock dialer that comes with the Diamond.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Welcome back, OMJ. I'm very glad to see you cooking again. I'll be flashing your ROM tonight.

God Bless.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

FYI-- I re-uploaded v2.3, it had an error that I corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
Awesome as usual was a big fan of the vogue roms. Crossing my fingers for you the be the first chef with 2.5!
well I'm sure we'll all have it about the same time.....but as soon as it's available, I will be switching to 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It's tempting but I'm not a big fan of Tachi because it seems to lock up and run down the battery always connecting to the EVDO/1x data in the background which I think it is the GPS location updating thing. Maybe if you cooked a Titanium only ROM with the stock dialer that comes with the Diamond.
sure I can do a Titanium only w/ stock dialer.....I like the stock dialer too, but I love the 6.5 Lock & it conflicts w/ the stock dialer when receiving calls.

you want the stock panels, or the larger ones?

Thx Gloss!

Last edited by OMJ; 10-29-2009 at 09:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development