PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP & TP2 & diamond
Carrier: Sprint

CherryROM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BonsaiROM-2.6 (23041)-WM6.5.X-CDMA,Titanium,Sprint only

Hi everyone. Not a big poster on here. But I have built allot of roms, as well as I also program with MS's .netcf mobile platform (which i have a love hate relationship with,lol) everyday with my job. I have built a few roms with the 23041 SYS already and have also tried and built many different roms using the new finger friendly stuff from MS from the 23034 build and up (as well as MS's OS way back to before ce2003), and have a few things to mention. One is the custom roms very greatly as to how the new finger friendly interface looks and works on these roms. The stock layout (no customization at startup or anything just basic bottom end build (that i've built)) in the 23041 rom looks different than anything i've seen in a rom from cooks on here. Also i've noticed the removal of the top right drop down task/memory menu in the roms on here as well. Which technically it shouldn't be removed as on an unmodified rom that icon and the time sit on top of each other(on a basic rom, you can literally see one on top of the other). And with most of the roms, even though its not there if you click there, the menu still drops down. Also click and hold the keyboard icon to get a menu to come up to select a different keyboard. There is allot of improvements, but at the same time also some over sites. It seems more like a 3rd party did the upgrades than MS (my opinion from a netcf programmer who knows what makes all of this work), as some simple things have been over looked, and not fixed since 23034. Which is strange as the fixes should be easy. It's almost like a 3rd party is trying to upgrade the GUI without thinking it through. Also, i think that MS isn't posting all of this C&D mess. Also, why would MS be dropping down new SYS's this close to Oct 6th. From a developer point of view, if the devices are hitting the streets on Oct6th with 6.5 on them, that means that the 6.5 OS has been completed already as the Carriers have to have some time to deploy the OS on their phones. Something that can't be done overnight and ready for shelves the next day obviously. I would put my money on the fact that the SYS's we are seeing now are not going to be what hits the floors on Oct 6th. But thats just my two cents. I'm not knocking anyone or any rom, as one, Energy rom is quickly becoming my favorite on here (Great Job!! on the builds), and two (I actually like the way these SYS's are heading, just wish they who ever "they" are would finish it, lol). Anyways, i'm rambling.

edit: side note, i think whatever 3rd party might be updating the GUI, could possibly be the same person doing the C&D's from Microsoft, it's not that hard to spoof an email address you know when they sent the C&D email to the places they did in the last couple of days?? just my opinion though. Why on earth would you get rid of free software testers. I know that fact very well, as i work with companies everday who pay people to test. Microsoft has the gold mine of beta testers

And if it is by chance MS doing the GUI upgrading, then i would almost be 100% sure you're looking at WM7 starting to show, since it's slated for release next spring, and 6.5 was supposed to be the springboard/transition. I think they have 7 GUI almost done and working, I think that they are running into issues implementing the 7 GUI into the normal OS code.

Last edited by CherryROM; 09-03-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Are you sure you have cooked an unmodified 23041? I just did to see whats the difference and it looks the same to me. That taskmanager thing on top of the clock in the taskbar is HTC taskmanager, so it wouldnt be in an unmodified M$ build
As for the release of 6.5, its going to be a 21xxx build, since the builds we are seeing are wm6.5.1 not wm6.5, this is the next step towards wm7

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 09-03-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP & TP2 & diamond

CherryROM is a n00b

what was the color and look of the new bottom touch buttons and bar? thats what i was talking about being one of the differences in the roms, and on an unmodified/customized rom (by that i just mean a SYS that is exactly the way it was given to us, no chef customization, and i also can't really comment on unmodded sys's due to non-disclosure agreements), it should be a silverish gray color, i have seen mostly black and more fuzzy around the edges than it's supposed to be. Although i could be wrong. As far as the "HTC taskmanager", that has been there on these builds for a long time, i only mention it because it's hidden now but still there, why just leave it hidden? Take it out if you don't want it there. And well, as far as the 6.5 thing, we are saying the same thing basically. It just seemed from looking around, there has been allot of speculation the last few days as to certain things pertaining to MS and things.

Last edited by CherryROM; 09-03-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

yea i believe they been done with the released version of 6.5 and the 6.5.1 is the experimental ones for 7 as was just stated. dont expect an upgrade yet...
Old 09-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi
Threadstarter

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The invisible icon for the HTC Taskmanager icon was done by drkfngthdragnlrd over at XDA. The reason it is hidden and not taken out completely is simply because some of us want it but don't want the overlapped icons.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Threadstarter

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I updated a couple of screenshots in the first post. The pesky dialer scrollbar disappears after the first use.

The free memory for this ROM is 96.78MB. Much better than I originally thought.

OK, I think I have decided to have 2 versions of BonsaiROM. One will be purely Titanium (V2.7T) and the other will be Titanium and Manila 2.1 (v2.7M). I was going to make a completely new ROM and thread but I just decided to keep it simple.

Anyway, watch for these changes to occur later today!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM
ICE

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP

nice work man! this looks good, i wanna play with 2.1 before i make another rom with it in it. how is 23041? in your opinion
Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
I updated a couple of screenshots in the first post. The pesky dialer scrollbar disappears after the first use.

The free memory for this ROM is 96.78MB. Much better than I originally thought.

OK, I think I have decided to have 2 versions of BonsaiROM. One will be purely Titanium (V2.7T) and the other will be Titanium and Manila 2.1 (v2.7M). I was going to make a completely new ROM and thread but I just decided to keep it simple.

Anyway, watch for these changes to occur later today!
Can't wait. Have always wanted to try your ROM, but love Manila too much to give it up.
Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
nice work man! this looks good, i wanna play with 2.1 before i make another rom with it in it. how is 23041? in your opinion
I personally think it's awesome.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:16 PM
ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
I personally think it's awesome.
you da man! thx man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development