PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Diamond Android 1.0 but working on cdma?

Ok, so it isn't fully functional or anything but if you've haven't been following the thread over at xda, lavender.t was able to get 1.0 running on his touch diamond and a number of other users are reporting the same. Has any here been able to get this running on a cdma phone? link to the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402002

EDIT: Instructions

Extract the files

Dump your copy of haret into a dir with everything but the 3 image files, dump the 3 image files into internal storage/tmp, make sure your phone is setup for active sync when you try to run haret, run haret

EDIT2: There are also step-by-step instructions on the wiki which is linked on the first page of the thread and in many pagese after that.

Last edited by Willis111; 12-31-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

Wickedone82 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Wickedone82
Re: Touch Diamond Android 1.0 but working on cdma?

while i was on my lunch break i made a attempt to figure it out but i only had 15 mins . I will be back at it in the next 2 hrs . What i dont get is how im supposed to get to the root of the internal storage and create a dir the he says is required. Anyone know how to do this? Also he says that I think Hret is needed which i downloaded but im not sure how it is supposed to be used . Anyone with any extra info would be great other wise ill have to fight my way through and ask questions over on XDA.

Phones
HTC Touch Pro
MIghty Rom 4.16
-
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

He gives pretty direct info on how to install it. Root means the main folder of the internal storage. Like, as soon as you select internal storage from the folder list, that is the root. The directory is just a new folder called tmp.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am trying it now. Pointless obviously cause you cant make calls or use gps but should be fun to look at. Ill update.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedone82 View Post
while i was on my lunch break i made a attempt to figure it out but i only had 15 mins . I will be back at it in the next 2 hrs . What i dont get is how im supposed to get to the root of the internal storage and create a dir the he says is required. Anyone know how to do this? Also he says that I think Hret is needed which i downloaded but im not sure how it is supposed to be used . Anyone with any extra info would be great other wise ill have to fight my way through and ask questions over on XDA.
Maybe I am a blabbering idiot but how the heck did you even extract the files from the download? It has an extension as .gz. I have 7-zip installed on my computer and it cant even open it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. Lol.

UPDATE: I couldnt get it to work. Files are in tmp folder as directed but I am getting an error when I try running the haret.exe. Haret starts fine but when I press run, I get error "Failed to load file \internal storage\tmp\initrd.droid.cpio.gz" Oh well. If anyone knows what this means. Let me know.

FIXED: Getting ready to try it now. Figured out what my problem was.

Last edited by KBZL; 12-31-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wickedone82 is a n00b

please pm me step by step instructions so i can load this as soon as i get home . please.

let me know if you get this to run
Old 12-31-2008, 03:59 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
please pm me step by step instructions so i can load this as soon as i get home . please.

let me know if you get this to run
Well I am getting the error message that he describes in the post. I have to run it through Active sync is what he says to bypass this. I am installing Active sync on my computer right now. Not real sure what he means by running it through active sync but Im gonna give it at try. Ill pm you if I can get it to work.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wickedone82 is a n00b

sounds good
ill give it another shout also when i get home .
Old 12-31-2008, 05:43 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
sounds good
ill give it another shout also when i get home .
Well I tried everything under the sun to get this to work. Still getting the same error no matter what I do. Im still not really sure what they mean when they say to launch haret from active sync. Possible the reason why no one is responding to this thread is that majority of us are CDMA diamonds and possibly since XDA deals with GSM mostly and it may not work on CDMA. If you find different. Let me know.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Well I am getting the error message that he describes in the post. I have to run it through Active sync is what he says to bypass this. I am installing Active sync on my computer right now. Not real sure what he means by running it through active sync but Im gonna give it at try. Ill pm you if I can get it to work.
What he means by running it in async is plugging your phone into your computer, clicking "Active Sync" on the phone, click done and then run haret. Leave the USB cable connect to the computer until it passes where it stalled out before.

EDIT: Most of the hardware wont work ofc and as for differences between gsm/cdma phones who cares except for the mmc. I'm curious if anyone has been able to get the mmc mounted on a cdma phone. If you can run this your mmc is being mounted correctly.

Last edited by Willis111; 12-31-2008 at 06:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development