PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Question about Carrier Cabs...

In PPCGeeks-BuildOS, there is the Carrier tab. I have a sprint Diamond I'm flashing to cricket. I haven't done any carrier flashing yet. If I select Cricket, will that do all the PST and Wap/MMS Settings? Or do I still have to upload the PRL and do all the Wap/MMS Settings?

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 07-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Re: Question about Carrier Cabs...

Flash the rom...load the cricket 1042 PRL...run the carrier cab...the dial *228.
The carrier cab will do most of the work for you but you still need to enter your 10 digit phone number in wap settings.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

Where can I locate a good Cricket Carrier Cab? I always did everything manually. But started asking myself "why do I have to select carrier on BuildOS". And this is a Diamond so it doesn't have the cricket carrier in build OS
Old 07-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Aww...if you do it manually set wap...kept doing it. I personsonally don't use the carrier cab for cricket because it causes a return delivery message after texting someone. In the BuildOs chose generic for carrier. If you downloaded a kitchen that does have generic in the carrier section...find one that does.

See my sig for the kitchen I perfer.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Aww...if you do it manually set wap...kept doing it. I personsonally don't use the carrier cab for cricket because it causes a return delivery message after texting someone. In the BuildOs chose generic for carrier. If you downloaded a kitchen that does have generic in the carrier section...find one that does.

So you guys are able to use the full Data capabillities of the diamond on Cricket's network? I asked if that were poss at the cricket store and they said it wasnt. That I would only be able to access their mobile web domain.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post

lol!
That return delivery message thing you're talking about is a simple reg edit that will shut that off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
So you guys are able to use the full Data capabillities of the diamond on Cricket's network? I asked if that were poss at the cricket store and they said it wasnt. That I would only be able to access their mobile web domain.
that's because they don't know how to do it. haha.
Don't ever listen to the store reps.
99.9% of the time ppcgeeks/xda-developers knows ALOT more than they do.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
lol!
That return delivery message thing you're talking about is a simple reg edit that will shut that off!

that's because they don't know how to do it. haha.
Don't ever listen to the store reps.
99.9% of the time ppcgeeks/xda-developers knows ALOT more than they do.

Yeah I wish I would have known that before I signed a 2 year contract in November! Oh well. So they have 3G speeds and you can access any website?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I get full internet on my phone. There are just a few things that don't work thru the proxy server that Cricket uses...like...windows live, and messenger but those don't matter to me. I mostly use Microsoft Live search(now its Bing), I use ALOL for my outlook exchange to send my e-mails.

When I use my phone with Internet Sharing...that works great to. Watching something with videos on YouTube is kinda slow and Itunes won't access the internet through the proxy server but other than that its a great deal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development