PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Question about Carrier Cabs... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73666)

nFiniti 07-03-2009 08:56 PM

Question about Carrier Cabs...

In PPCGeeks-BuildOS, there is the Carrier tab. I have a sprint Diamond I'm flashing to cricket. I haven't done any carrier flashing yet. If I select Cricket, will that do all the PST and Wap/MMS Settings? Or do I still have to upload the PRL and do all the Wap/MMS Settings?

KingArthur 07-04-2009 12:43 AM

Re: Question about Carrier Cabs...

Flash the rom...load the cricket 1042 PRL...run the carrier cab...the dial *228.
The carrier cab will do most of the work for you but you still need to enter your 10 digit phone number in wap settings.

nFiniti 07-04-2009 01:30 AM

Where can I locate a good Cricket Carrier Cab? I always did everything manually. But started asking myself "why do I have to select carrier on BuildOS". And this is a Diamond so it doesn't have the cricket carrier in build OS

KingArthur 07-04-2009 10:36 AM

Aww...if you do it manually set wap...kept doing it. I personsonally don't use the carrier cab for cricket because it causes a return delivery message after texting someone. In the BuildOs chose generic for carrier. If you downloaded a kitchen that does have generic in the carrier section...find one that does.

See my sig for the kitchen I perfer.

PMDColeslaw 07-04-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingArthur (Post 1013994)
Aww...if you do it manually set wap...kept doing it. I personsonally don't use the carrier cab for cricket because it causes a return delivery message after texting someone. In the BuildOs chose generic for carrier. If you downloaded a kitchen that does have generic in the carrier section...find one that does.

So you guys are able to use the full Data capabillities of the diamond on Cricket's network? I asked if that were poss at the cricket store and they said it wasnt. That I would only be able to access their mobile web domain.

codybear 07-04-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingArthur (Post 1013994)

lol!
That return delivery message thing you're talking about is a simple reg edit that will shut that off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by powe6563 (Post 1014288)
So you guys are able to use the full Data capabillities of the diamond on Cricket's network? I asked if that were poss at the cricket store and they said it wasnt. That I would only be able to access their mobile web domain.

that's because they don't know how to do it. haha.
Don't ever listen to the store reps.
99.9% of the time ppcgeeks/xda-developers knows ALOT more than they do.

PMDColeslaw 07-04-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 1014432)
lol!
That return delivery message thing you're talking about is a simple reg edit that will shut that off!

that's because they don't know how to do it. haha.
Don't ever listen to the store reps.
99.9% of the time ppcgeeks/xda-developers knows ALOT more than they do.

Yeah I wish I would have known that before I signed a 2 year contract in November! Oh well. So they have 3G speeds and you can access any website?

KingArthur 07-05-2009 09:37 AM

I get full internet on my phone. There are just a few things that don't work thru the proxy server that Cricket uses...like...windows live, and messenger but those don't matter to me. I mostly use Microsoft Live search(now its Bing), I use ALOL for my outlook exchange to send my e-mails.

When I use my phone with Internet Sharing...that works great to. Watching something with videos on YouTube is kinda slow and Itunes won't access the internet through the proxy server but other than that its a great deal.