PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Cellular South

icephreaq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 Rom issues. Phone hangs on boot.

I've tried several different 6.5 roms ranging from build 21725 to the new 23001 build. I've managed to get several of them running for a short time on my Cellular South Diamond, however, after a reboot or two they all hang at the initial boot screen or the Windows boot screen. I keep ending up having to flash back to the stock CSouth rom. Could this just be the instability of the current 6.5 rom version or could it be a hardware issue with my CSouth phone? There are some really great roms here and I've dabled in cooking some of my own but I can't get anything to run for more than an hour. Getting quite frustrated!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 6.5 Rom issues. Phone hangs on boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icephreaq View Post
I've tried several different 6.5 roms ranging from build 21725 to the new 23001 build. I've managed to get several of them running for a short time on my Cellular South Diamond, however, after a reboot or two they all hang at the initial boot screen or the Windows boot screen. I keep ending up having to flash back to the stock CSouth rom. Could this just be the instability of the current 6.5 rom version or could it be a hardware issue with my CSouth phone? There are some really great roms here and I've dabled in cooking some of my own but I can't get anything to run for more than an hour. Getting quite frustrated!
I'm on Cellsouth and have had no problem running 6.5 roms. Are you flashing back to the stock before flashing new roms? It's a known issue that each time you flash to a new rom you should first go back to stock.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

HorhayAtAMD is just getting started

Quote:
I had the exact same problem with my Diamond. I always flashed back to stock, did multiple hard resets (including formatting of internal storage) and got the exact same issue you did. I did, however, have luck with Juicy's latest 6.5 ROM. Give that one a try, it might work for you too.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Did you try my ROM? They are generic and run on all carriers.

You should not see this issue. If you do then you have bad hardware. Although thats unlikely.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Threadstarter

icephreaq is a n00b

Thanks for your imput guys. I was flashing back to stock before trying other roms. Just a fluke I guess. I am currently having good luck with my 2nd attempt at using Groove rom 5. I had installed it once and used it for about an hour the day I posted my first message. I tried going back to stock and reinstalling the rom later that day and I've now been running it without incident for over 24 hours. I think I'll keep this rom for now but since I can't leave well enough alone I'll probably try some other roms at a later time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development