PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   6.5 Rom issues. Phone hangs on boot. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73518)

icephreaq 07-02-2009 01:22 PM

6.5 Rom issues. Phone hangs on boot.

I've tried several different 6.5 roms ranging from build 21725 to the new 23001 build. I've managed to get several of them running for a short time on my Cellular South Diamond, however, after a reboot or two they all hang at the initial boot screen or the Windows boot screen. I keep ending up having to flash back to the stock CSouth rom. Could this just be the instability of the current 6.5 rom version or could it be a hardware issue with my CSouth phone? There are some really great roms here and I've dabled in cooking some of my own but I can't get anything to run for more than an hour. Getting quite frustrated! ](*,)

PMDColeslaw 07-02-2009 02:01 PM

Re: 6.5 Rom issues. Phone hangs on boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icephreaq (Post 1010619)
I've tried several different 6.5 roms ranging from build 21725 to the new 23001 build. I've managed to get several of them running for a short time on my Cellular South Diamond, however, after a reboot or two they all hang at the initial boot screen or the Windows boot screen. I keep ending up having to flash back to the stock CSouth rom. Could this just be the instability of the current 6.5 rom version or could it be a hardware issue with my CSouth phone? There are some really great roms here and I've dabled in cooking some of my own but I can't get anything to run for more than an hour. Getting quite frustrated! ](*,)

I'm on Cellsouth and have had no problem running 6.5 roms. Are you flashing back to the stock before flashing new roms? It's a known issue that each time you flash to a new rom you should first go back to stock.

HorhayAtAMD 07-02-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

I had the exact same problem with my Diamond. I always flashed back to stock, did multiple hard resets (including formatting of internal storage) and got the exact same issue you did. I did, however, have luck with Juicy's latest 6.5 ROM. Give that one a try, it might work for you too.

scrosler 07-02-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Did you try my ROM? They are generic and run on all carriers.

You should not see this issue. If you do then you have bad hardware. Although thats unlikely.

icephreaq 07-04-2009 12:08 AM

Thanks for your imput guys. I was flashing back to stock before trying other roms. Just a fluke I guess. I am currently having good luck with my 2nd attempt at using Groove rom 5. I had installed it once and used it for about an hour the day I posted my first message. I tried going back to stock and reinstalling the rom later that day and I've now been running it without incident for over 24 hours. I think I'll keep this rom for now but since I can't leave well enough alone I'll probably try some other roms at a later time.