PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Slimicus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Diamond Hard Resetting Randomly

Has anyone ever had a ROM cause the phone to randomly reset itself? My Touch Diamond has been running great for weeks with a custom rom, and all of a sudden today it started hard resetting on its own, wiping itself in the process.

I leave it on, and it's fine but then after a while it just resets on its own and starts to reset. I've tried a couple different roms now, and it's still doing it.

Any ideas?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Touch Diamond Hard Resetting Randomly

i had a stock tp whipe a sd card clean at a baseball game. man was i pissed. lol
Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

Soaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Known issue, been posted about 96.45 times now... Flash the shipped ROM, and then back to any custom ROM of your choice.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:43 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaa- View Post
Known issue, been posted about 96.45 times now... Flash the shipped ROM, and then back to any custom ROM of your choice.
+1 on that.
It'll fix you right up

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Slimicus is a n00b

I've never flashed back to the shipped rom before, but if I do this, will it flash over the HardSPL unlock, so that i'll have to do that process again also?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

Soaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It'll remain unlocked.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimicus View Post
I've never flashed back to the shipped rom before, but if I do this, will it flash over the HardSPL unlock, so that i'll have to do that process again also?
Just a little extra nugget of info, you should ALWAYS flash back to shipped before flashing to a custom rom. I keep a copy of the stock ROM on my internal storage so I can flash to it quickly before flashing new ones.

EDIT: That's regarding 6.5 ROMs only to my knowledge. I havent ever had that problem when flashing 6.1 to 6.1.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 07-03-2009 at 07:32 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development