PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool tip:flashing shipped nbh radio and prl from internal

i didnt see anything posted anywhere so i thought i would say if you want to flash a radio from internal just copy the nbh to your /internal storage location and rename it diamimg.nbh and run it just like you woould to flash a rom... it takes a lil while longer to say update successs so be patient and voila you flashed a new radio from your fone without the hasssle off ruu... if you loook at the top of the screen it will say radio instead of os. .. also i was messing with epst and found you csn update your prl urself too jusst copy whichever prl you want from the manufacturer ruu.exe (which can be transferred to your fone if you run the ruu package and search your temp directory in your accounts documents and settings directory before you agree that your battery is 50%)just get the prl on the phone and go into epst and find where it says prl click edit and it will let you browse for the file...easy as pie

sorry if this has been posted already but i havent seeen it anywhere ...peace
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: tip:flashing shipped nbh radio and prl from internal

The search is weak in this young padawan.

If it were a snake, it would have bit you on the foot!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40490

One of the stickie threads at the top of the forum.

... and it's all in good fun. Thanks for contributing - have a great day!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now
Threadstarter

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor

sorry if this sounds rude but i typed "radio" not "rom" there is not one posting bout flashing radios without ruu... thanks though for taking the time to link me to that i didnt think flashing a radio was in there so i checked before posting. cheers
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrheineken08 View Post
sorry if this sounds rude but i typed "radio" not "rom" there is not one posting bout flashing radios without ruu... thanks though for taking the time to link me to that i didnt think flashing a radio was in there so i checked before posting. cheers

So what you're saying is that you can flash a radio ROM the exact same way that you flash an OS ROM? NO @#$@ING WAY MAN. I totally did not think that was possible! ZOMG!!!

/sarcasm off

Did you know that you can flash ANY nbh from internal storage?

PPS: Just wondering about this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65921 "ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.", which are you releasing here. Looking forward to downloading your leet filez.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrheineken08 View Post
i didnt see anything posted anywhere so i thought i would say if you want to flash a radio from internal just copy the nbh to your /internal storage location and rename it diamimg.nbh and run it just like you woould to flash a rom... it takes a lil while longer to say update successs so be patient and voila you flashed a new radio from your fone without the hasssle off ruu... if you loook at the top of the screen it will say radio instead of os. .. also i was messing with epst and found you csn update your prl urself too jusst copy whichever prl you want from the manufacturer ruu.exe (which can be transferred to your fone if you run the ruu package and search your temp directory in your accounts documents and settings directory before you agree that your battery is 50%)just get the prl on the phone and go into epst and find where it says prl click edit and it will let you browse for the file...easy as pie

sorry if this has been posted already but i havent seeen it anywhere ...peace
FYI, to make it easy to grab the PRL / PRI stuff you are talking about do this....

Take the Shipped EXE and use Win RAR to decompress it like a normal RAR file. It will decompress and you will have everything the manufactured packed up insteed of hunting around for the temp folders ;c) Much quicker

If you want to avoid the 50% check with battery, just put your phone in bootloader mode BEFORE connecting to PC. It skips battery check because phone is in bootloader ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 06-24-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

LOL @ boggsie,,I know there is another thread about this but i thought I would also add that this same method of flashing from internal can be used with any nbh file. I tend to keep the shipped nbh on internal in case of emergencies as i tend to flash a lot. However i've also used this method to flash a radio and a boot screen and of course a ROM. THanks for sharing!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
LOL @ boggsie,,I know there is another thread about this but i thought I would also add that this same method of flashing from internal can be used with any nbh file. I tend to keep the shipped nbh on internal in case of emergencies as i tend to flash a lot. However i've also used this method to flash a radio and a boot screen and of course a ROM. THanks for sharing!!
I had actually wondered about this so i appreciate the post=D>
I'm still a little leary of flashing radio's though... No shipped Cellular South radio to revert to if I screw up or dont like the new one. Not to mention the poss of bricking.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
The search is weak in this young padawan.

If it were a snake, it would have bit you on the foot!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40490

One of the stickie threads at the top of the forum.

... and it's all in good fun. Thanks for contributing - have a great day!

Best regards,
-boggsie
Ok, so not to keep the flaming going but I thought this was funny...

The title of the thread that boggsie linked to is "Flashing a Rom or RADIO from the 4 gig internal storage."

It is one of the stickies, which means it is the very first thing you see in the Diamond Upgrade forum.

If you search for "flashing nbh radio," the third search result is "Flashing a Rom or RADIO from the 4 gig internal storage."
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=6655220

If you search for "flashing radio internal" the 7th result is "Flashing a Rom or RADIO from the 4 gig internal storage."
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=6655409

If you search the word "radio" in the "Flashing a Rom or RADIO from the 4 gig internal storage" thread you get FIFTEEN results, two of which are in the VERY FIRST POST.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=6655264

"PPS: Just wondering about this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65921 "ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.""
This is funny because it was mandatory for everyone to read this post at one point, not to mention it says "MUST READ" and it is a sticky.

mrheineken08,

Ok, so now that I have that out of my system, I do want to say that ppcgeeks is a community built on people helping people and user input, and all contributions are appreciated. We do appreciate you trying to help out the other beginners here with this post, but redundant posts make this forum cluttered and obviously more difficult for people to find the information that they are looking for. Thank you for your contribution to the forum, but please make sure that next time you do a thorough search before you post or begin a new thread because with all of the posts out there, there is a good chance that your question has already been answered.
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

before the18thtee and everyone wants to dump on OP in a sanctimonious manner and try to make them feel idiotic, it may be productive to know that the sticked thread's title was changed after mrheineken08's posts . i see people like FastRX8 being helpful in the sticky by suggesting the title change BECAUSE IT WAS NOT APPEARING IN SEARCHES due to neither radio nor internal appearing in the title:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=995770&postcount=135

Last edited by iwillfearnoevil; 06-26-2009 at 02:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillfearnoevil View Post

before the18thtee and everyone wants to dump on OP in a sanctimonious manner and try to make them feel idiotic, it may be productive to know that the sticked thread's title was changed after mrheineken08's posts . i see people like FastRX8 being helpful in the sticky by suggesting the title change BECAUSE IT WAS NOT APPEARING IN SEARCHES due to neither radio nor internal appearing in the title:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=995770&postcount=135

One might also assume that being able to navigate to this page and figure out how to work any of the software would mean you can put two and two together so that when you see a sticky that says "How to flash from storage" you don't get confused and start a thread titled "How to flash a RADIO from storage" since they're the exact same thing ...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development